Unique Classifications

Flintstone5611

Dear TPTB (EC Dept.),

Are there any other Classifications of ECs that haven't been touched yet? Is there an area of study that we can expand as Earthcachers to try and locate in our searches. As ignorant as I am, I am usually quite happy as well, but could you help some of the lesser knowledgeable ECers to try and expand our horizons, lol.

I know we have "Other", but what kinda cool things could we go after that aren't necessarily published that often?

(This thread is intended for all of us, I was just being silly for my intro :huh: . Feel free to weigh in and offer some examples B) )

Have you tried doing an advanced search on the EarthCache.org site lately?

I use it to narrow down the EarthCache listings to particular type(s) when I have my students hunt for information on certain kinds of features. It would be easy enough to check your local area to see which types had lots of listing and which had fewer representative ECs.

Of course, some things just don't happen everywhere. For instance, my area has lot of karst features, glacial features, minerals, etc but I have to drive a long, long way to get to anything volcanic. Still, I could use it to inspire me to look for something that may be nearby and not already made into an EarthCache, like a mine or even evidence of some ancient coastal feature.

Edited by Neos2

Dear TPTB (EC Dept.),

Are there any other Classifications of ECs that haven't been touched yet? Is there an area of study that we can expand as Earthcachers to try and locate in our searches. As ignorant as I am, I am usually quite happy as well, but could you help some of the lesser knowledgeable ECers to try and expand our horizons, lol.

I know we have "Other", but what kinda cool things could we go after that aren't necessarily published that often?

(This thread is intended for all of us, I was just being silly for my intro :huh: . Feel free to weigh in and offer some examples B) )

I've been researching that nice, isolated bay we stumbled across on our journey up north last month...very interesting stuff too!

Dear TPTB (EC Dept.),

I was thinking about that place, it definitely deserves a little EC love!

I've been researching that nice, isolated bay we stumbled across on our journey up north last month...very interesting stuff too!