60CSx tracking backwards

When I am searching for a cache, most of the time, if not all of the time, instead of getting closer to the cache, the cache moves away from me. If I turn the GPS upside down (antenna pointing down instead of up) I move nearer the cache but then the left/right seems to be reversed.

Is there some setting that needs to be changed. I have it set to tracking up all the time. Any ideas will be tried and greatly appreciated.

By turning the GPS upside down you can get close to the cache, but then it is almost impossible to pinpoint it.

Thanks.

Me Again,

It may be that your unit software needs updating. Apparently "GPSMAP 60CSx software version 4.00 as of May 26, 2009" added a hold level feature to tell you when the unit was not level. The hold level business applies to when you are using the compass, in map mode it doesn't matter.

Regards

Bernard

Edited by BCNorwich

I think his happened to me the other day.

My "distance" would close in on the cache, but the arrow was pointing backward. After a quick calibration (hit menu from the compass screen) it was fixed.

When you hit 20 feet, no GPS will act great all the time.

I have found that "holding ti level" has become more difficult lately. Not sure what the issue is there...

Edited by d+n.s

Me Again,

It may be that your unit software needs updating. Apparently "GPSMAP 60CSx software version 4.00 as of May 26, 2009" added a hold level feature to tell you when the unit was not level. The hold level business applies to when you are using the compass, in map mode it doesn't matter.

Regards

Bernard

I have version 4.20 in my 60CSx. It's probably not too much different than 4.00. But I agree with the other posts, my GPS also tends to do weird things when at GZ so I concentrate less on the "weirdness" and more on the cache.