June 2011 Photo Competition

Thanks very much to aliandtone for choosing my photo as the winner of the May competition.

I quite like the idea of a theme, so the theme for your June photos is water.

This is totally down to your imagination.... it could include rivers, sea or even when you got caught out in the rain. Well you get the picture!

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Can u use something that symbolises water but is not actually wet.....I have too pics.....Hope u like em :)

as long as it works with the theme. For example, if the theme was "moving house" cardboard boxes would be ok, just as much as a picture of a house on the back of a truck on a motorway.

Here is my entry for June.

10 Points for anyone that can get where this is. To help narrow it a little, it is in Scotland.

2631866049a5781879723l.jpg

Sorry, to comply with the rules, here is the name and GC code in true hardcore cacher ROT13 to avoid spoiling it.

Gur Ovexf bs Noresryql TP27SSD

Edited by dgwebster

Two photos from the same trip as I can't decide between the 2.

Last Thursday we decided to tackle Hestan Island Hop and had a fantastic time. Getting to the headland was an enjoyable walk through some old woods followed by a walk along the sand. Once there we had to remove walking boots and wade across to the start of the causeway. We had timed the trip for low tide so it was less than 30cm deep. Worried about the incoming tide we rushed our time on the island which was a shame as we only managed to visit the cache location.

The cache has only been found 13 times since 2005 and is now my favourite :D

Duncan

c0cf5cc1-b507-4052-837c-122a59f85659.jpg

09766889-7375-4df1-874b-65df092fd9ad.jpg

Last Thursday we decided to tackle Hestan Island Hop and had a fantastic time. Getting to the headland was an enjoyable walk through some old woods followed by a walk along the sand. Once there we had to remove walking boots and wade across to the start of the causeway. We had timed the trip for low tide so it was less than 30cm deep. Worried about the incoming tide we rushed our time on the island which was a shame as we only managed to visit the cache location.

Duncan

I sometimes really wish I had more time or older children to do some more serious caching than what I can currently do (esp as the doh doesnt do caching :( ) It's taken an amount of bargaining and bartering to get agreement for the gathering in the glens weekend and even then it is not concrete just yet :s

Duncan

I sometimes really wish I had more time or older children to do some more serious caching than what I can currently do (esp as the doh doesnt do caching :( ) It's taken an amount of bargaining and bartering to get agreement for the gathering in the glens weekend and even then it is not concrete just yet :s

Agreed....i work part time which leaves me about 5 or 6 hours max a day to get to the caching area and spend time findin em. I have a 4 year old and his legs dont tend to get very far (well a good 3 hours walking) but having the pushchair and tryin to beat the hills and old coal mines is a nightmare. Im gonna plan to have my lil one away for a weekend so i can get on with some decent cache series! Good luck with the more challenging caches when ever u get around to em :)

I have to say that SP's picture of the dolphin is great and may even have won? But I think that it is only fair to say that you are late with your entry therefore I am disqualifying it. Sorry :(

So many great pictures posted this month, and it has been extremely difficult to choose a winner. Along with my family we did narrow it down to 4 pictures which are -

duncanhoyle's Heston Island Reflection

09766889-7375-4df1-874b-65df092fd9ad.jpg

Guanajuato's Walking on Water

2bb4bb8a-d318-4f3c-9bc9-1ab732b21228.jpg

The Patrician's Flying Gannet

f07592cc-ef0a-43eb-a655-b13282f82997.jpg

Yet there can only be one winner. This picture was chosen for it's simplicity in thinking, yet demanding on difficulty and timing of taking.

So the winner is...................

The Blorenges water splash, congratulations Chris. :D :D :D

30e438cd-75eb-43d9-a7ae-144de31baf7d.jpg

Second one from me....this was taken shortly after finding Crantock, Emily's nest in the nettles.

That would make a great start/basis for a painting (if you know those 2 children!)

Thanks for that! I certainly do know them, they're my two angels!! That'd be daddy on the right rolling up the legs of his expensive jeans - why do I wear posh gear out caching I'll never know!!

Mother-in-law is a bit of a painter so maybe I'll ask her....