NGS>>GPX needed.

TillaMurphs

I have a new computer and I need to load one of my favorite utilities - NGS>>GPX. However, the link to where it used to be no longer works.

Withdrawl symptoms are setting in.

Foxtrot Xray - where are youuuuuuuu?

Since FoxTrot hasn't answered and may be off checking on Route 66 marble sidewalks: :lol:

Tillamurphs, what link are you using?

Is it this one?

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html

Edited by LSUFan

Tillamurphs, what link are you using?

Is it this one?

http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html

Yep - I can't get that link to work using Internet Explorer or Chrome. Does it work for you?

Thanks,

Yeah, it just worked all the way for me using FireFox 4. Exactly what is it doing (or not doing I guess)? Does it let you download, the won;t open, or just won't let you download period (which could be a security setting you have set)

I tried it with IE9 and Chrome on one computer and IE8 on another computer - no luck:

I get this:

IE9:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.

•The website is temporarily unavailable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Chrome:

This webpage is not available

The webpage at http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

Edited to add:

- Tried it on a third computer with IE6 and no luck either.

- Just installed Firefox and it also did not work: I got this:

Firefox 4

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Edited by TillaMurphs

I tried it with IE9 and Chrome on one computer and IE8 on another computer - no luck:

I get this:

IE9:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.

•The website is temporarily unavailable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Chrome:

This webpage is not available

The webpage at http://ngs.tsqmadness.com/help/index.html might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I think it's going to be just a setting. First, let's clear your cookies and see what happens. Here are some how-to's on that:

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=15141

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&from=95626&rd=1

Also, since you are having problems on two computers, are both of these computers accessing the internet thru the same location and/or router? If so, I believe it's going to be a firewall problem....or possibly the HOSTS file.

Edited by LSUFan

I think it's going to be just a setting. First, let's clear your cookies and see what happens. Here are some how-to's on that:

Also, since you are having problems on two computers, are both of these computers accessing the internet thru the same location and/or router?

Thanks for the help LSU fan!

I cleared my cookies on IE (using your procedure) and that did not help.

Both computers, and now a third computer, are all going through the same router. It is the same router I have used for a year.

I am not having problems with any other websites.

<Insert scratching head smiley here.>

Also, since you are having problems on two computers, are both of these computers accessing the internet thru the same location and/or router?

Thanks for the help LSU fan!

I cleared my cookies on IE (using your procedure) and that did not help.

Both computers, and now a third computer, are all going through the same router. It is the same router I have used for a year.

I am not having problems with any other websites.

<Insert scratching head smiley here.>

Try just turning the router off/unplugging it, wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in. You might also try that with your internet modem if need be.

John

TillaMurphs, probably the easiest way to get you going right now is to just email you the program file, as it's only around 2mb. Just pop me a line at wmtire@yahoo.com so I can get your email address, and I'll attach the program to an email and send it right back to you.

We can then troubleshoot your problems after the fact, but you can be using the program in the meanwhile.

Bobby

Odd -

Sorry I've been idle a long time, work and such has been eating a lot of my time.

I'll check with my hosting provider, see if they know anything. A connection_reset usually means that the connection was.. er, reset. (Brilliant!) But it can be happening anywhere between my server and your browser. ??

I'll let you know when I hear back from them. In the meantime, if LSUFan can't get the install to you, lemme know. I got plenty copies around here. :)

I'll check with my hosting provider, see if they know anything. A connection_reset usually means that the connection was.. er, reset. (Brilliant!) But it can be happening anywhere between my server and your browser. ??

Yes and no. Resets can occur only after the connection has been established, and usually resets are caused by reception of an RST packet from the remote end (i.e. the server in this case). However, certain intermediate devices (notably firewalls and certain routers performing NAT/PAT) are known to fake those packets (they have to look like they're coming from the server, otherwise they would be ignored) in order to forcefully close the connection in some situations. Alternatively, intermediate devices (routers) can send certain ICMP messages (called "unreachables") to either end to inform them of various routing problems, which may or may not cause an immediate connection reset. However, in the ICMP case the error message should be something else.

So much for the technical background. @OP, If you really wanna know where the reset comes from, then you can install and run a network sniffer (such as Wireshark), save the captured packets to a file and send them over.

Edited by dfx