Garmin Etrex Legend downloads

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend and would like to know if it is possible to download the cache page info ( IE the description, hint and recent logs) onto this GPS device. Someone told me I can do it with a program called GSAK, but I have had no luck. Do I just need to buy a better/newer GPS or can I make it work with this one?

You can to a point. Due to the limitations of the name field and note field there is only so much you can get on there. You would be lucky to fit more then terrain/difficulty lvl and cache size in the provided fields.

If you want to go paperless then you need a paperless unit like the Magellan Explorist GC, Garmin Dakota or the soon to be released eTrex 10, 20 or 30. Then you can run a PQ and get up to 1000 caches on a single file that can be transferred to one of the mentioned units and have all the details you want.

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend and would like to know if it is possible to download the cache page info ( IE the description, hint and recent logs) onto this GPS device. Someone told me I can do it with a program called GSAK, but I have had no luck. Do I just need to buy a better/newer GPS or can I make it work with this one?

The unit itself does not support paperless but you can use a GSAK macro to kind of do it. The reason I say "kind of" is because using GSAK you can transfer about 80ish characters of the description, hint, etc... to the GPS. If you want full paperless you would need to move to one of the paperless units such as the new etrex units announced today, or something like the Dakota, Oregon units. If you want more info on how to do it check out this link.