What to do about a member have my TC for months

clivecops

I just looked at your trackables. I see that you've only got one theat is active and according to the logs it was placed last week on the 22nd.

Am I looking at the incorrect bug?

Yeah its the british bobby coin :(

I know sometimes (I admit right now I've had a coin since March, but I've been in touch with the Owner while I find a place for it) that caching doesn't occur as often as we'd like or the caches we find aren't large enough for the trackable.

I tend to check on my trackables every month or so, but so far I haven't bothered to send an email out to anyone about it.

Humm, I don't think that your choice to mark it as missing was appropriate. And the note you posted is not very nice either.

I know it is rough to see them sit in a cache for a long time, or to ride around with the same cacher for a while. But you just have no control over another person's behavior.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

I just had a look through your trackables owned...

The "Marked Old Bill Car" did really well - over 20,000 miles on the clock in the 14 months it was travelling.

"Ralley C2 car" got picked up by a cacher who dropped out of the game after 10 finds, sadly... not an unusual end for a TB.

"Welsh 3000 H4H" is still travelling well although it's gone way off mission and has ended up in Germany - Maybe you could ask for it to be posted back to UK, if you want it back on track?

As for the "British Bobby geocoin" - It's still safe, you know where it is, it's still clocking up miles (even if they are in lots of very small steps :D )

You can't expect precise travel arrangements with any Trackable you send out - Some cachers will follow your wishes to the letter, others will be more random and will move it to suit their style of caching. As long as it's still active and moving from cache to cache just ... grin and bear it. ;)

MrsB

I put out my first geocoin, its in a cache that probably will see very little visitors so I hope its still there when someone finds it or I wouldn't have put it there heck even if it gets lost for good at least I am glad I did it cuz it matches with the cache's theme.

So I don't expect anyone to move it anytime soon so maybe this summer :)

Edited by mynetdude

I have a success story that fits well under this headline. The first TB that I created is back travelling, after 8 months off the road!

The person who picked it up 8 months ago, stopped finding caches, but kept logging in to geocaching.com. After 2 months, I sent a friendly e-mail, asking if he could please place the TB in a cache, or perhaps mail it back to me. He replied that he'd place it shortly.

3 months passed, no action. I wrote a second e-mail, still friendly, stating that I know there could be many good reasons why people can't go geocaching for a while, etc. No reply.

After another 1-2 months, I did some more research. I discovered that the geocacher had logged some caches together with another person, who was slightly more active. I contacted this cacher, to ask - hopefully in a very friendly manner - if he was still in touch with the other cacher, and if he might be able to help. This second cacher explained that the first cacher had been moving to another city (good reason to be occupied for some time), and that he would try to get my TB from him.

Yesterday, the second cacher placed my TB in a cache!

Key points: Be friendly - people might have good reasons to hold on to your TBs. But try reading cache logs, looking for friends/co-cachers. They might help you out, and, I believe, their aid will probably also relieve the cachers that are holding on to your TBs for too long.

I have a success story that fits well under this headline. The first TB that I created is back travelling, after 8 months off the road!

The person who picked it up 8 months ago, stopped finding caches, but kept logging in to geocaching.com. After 2 months, I sent a friendly e-mail, asking if he could please place the TB in a cache, or perhaps mail it back to me. He replied that he'd place it shortly.

3 months passed, no action. I wrote a second e-mail, still friendly, stating that I know there could be many good reasons why people can't go geocaching for a while, etc. No reply.

After another 1-2 months, I did some more research. I discovered that the geocacher had logged some caches together with another person, who was slightly more active. I contacted this cacher, to ask - hopefully in a very friendly manner - if he was still in touch with the other cacher, and if he might be able to help. This second cacher explained that the first cacher had been moving to another city (good reason to be occupied for some time), and that he would try to get my TB from him.

Yesterday, the second cacher placed my TB in a cache!

Key points: Be friendly - people might have good reasons to hold on to your TBs. But try reading cache logs, looking for friends/co-cachers. They might help you out, and, I believe, their aid will probably also relieve the cachers that are holding on to your TBs for too long.

It is really nice to read success stories like this. You obviously have a LOT of patience! :)