You know what would be nice?

Firehouse16

I'll look into it. What happens now is you can continue editing your log for 15 minutes before it has that "This log was edited by xx on xx" text. So the email notifications may have the old version but you can continue editing it for 15 minutes.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:

Great, something else. Is there a members search engine to find certain memebers?

Firehouse16 & Code3

"Dave, Teresa & the 2 kids"

No, there isn't as far as I know. The closest thing is checking a cache page for people who have logged finds - this can give an idea of who lives in an area.

I think an OPT-IN member directory by city/state/country would be GREAT. I recall seeing Jeremy or another admin saying they were against a directory, I assume it would be because of the mandatory nature of just listing peoples information. I bet a LOT of people wouldn't mind being listed in a state directory if given the option.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

A directory is pretty standard on every forum I've been on. It's up to the member to decide how much info they list. I mean a forum directory is only going to point to their profile page anyways that's already listed. I just hate having to go to caches to search for a friends profile page.

Firehouse16 & Code3

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:

That's not the point, the point is that I can find a friends profile then check his user stats on geocaching.com.

Firehouse16 & Code3

Yea, I was talking about geocaching.com directory, not a forums directory.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

Two ways that I can think of:

#1. Go to the Advanced Search Page and select ALL GEOCACHES and BY USERNAME (FOUND) or (HIDDEN). You can then get to the user thru the link on the cache log.

#2. Using the forum search. Under the MY SPACE tab select CONTACTS. Type in the user name and press SEARCH.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC005895

I just go to the hide and seek page and type in a username for "all caches by user" or whatever it is.

Sometimes you have to fold down the logs if they aren't real active, but if they have a single find they should be pretty easy to find.

You have to know their name though... that's the only problem.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif