Treasure Trackers

During Geowoodstock VIII, PBS was in the Seattle area making two documentaries involving Geocaching. The first, Brain Fitness: Peak Performance has already broadcast last December.

This is just a heads up for those of you that can get KQED, the next one is Treasure Trackers and is scheduled to run on KQED. B)

The posted schedule and synopsis is:

Duration: 1:29:00 STEREO TVRE

Learn about the exciting, adventure-filled game of geocaching. Often described as "high-tech hide-and-seek," geocaching combines puzzle-solving with technology and exploration. Throughout the program, viewers meet different players from around the US on their journeys to discover hidden treasures, or caches, and visit some of the stunning sites where caches are hidden.

Channels and Airdates:

KQED 9

Sun, Jun 12, 2011 -- 10:30am

Tue, Jun 14, 2011 -- 7:30pm

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 -- 1:30am

KQED Life

Sun, Jun 12, 2011 -- 10:30am

Tue, Jun 14, 2011 -- 7:30pm

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 -- 1:30am

KTEH

Sun, Jun 12, 2011 -- 1:30pm

...now if I can only get a schedule for my local area. <_<

LennLee Keep, the producer of the show, sent me a copy of the DVD and I just received it yesterday.

Interviewed on the program which was hosted by Tyler MacNiven (Tylerasaurus Rex)

were:

PnD

MonkeyBrad

Hydnsek

TotemLake

Old Hippy and Granny

Viatru

Love

Moonweed

Tentha

Team Fat Fox - pkacolorado, bdalex, lifeisgoodgirls

MondoU2 and Mrs.MondoU2

Dayspring

erick88l-r

MrGadget2

There are lots of cameo shots from GW VIII and the Ape Hike WSGA hosted.

Filming did occur in and around the Seattle area, San Francisco and other locales.

There is bonus material on the DVD to add to the very well done program.

If this program hasn't been scheduled for your market area, you gecocachers should start a letter writing campaign to get the program into your local PBS schedule. PBS needs to hear from their viewers what they want to see.

Edited by TotemLake

If this program hasn't been scheduled for your market area, you gecocachers should start a letter writing campaign to get the program into your local PBS schedule. PBS needs to hear from their viewers what they want to see.

But I have spent decades trying to convince the local PBS station fund raisers that I do not have a telephone. I can't go calling them now.

But I have spent decades trying to convince the local PBS station fund raisers that I do not have a telephone. I can't go calling them now.

+1