Geico Gecko TB's

Team Radiation

Too bad this contest doesn't last longer, seeing as TBs sometimes get stuck for a while.. We once found one that was stuck in a cache that was the end of a multi for two years.

You don't have to have one in your possession to enter the contest, anyone that legally qualifies (by being a resident of the US, I believe) can enter the contest once a week.

the geico tag is only a sort of advertisement to get more people to know about and to enter the contest, and of course to promote them maybe using the geico service, of course...

Here is what I did with mine: $88,000 Gold Brick - Geico Travel Tag - TB472Z5

2da444d4-b41c-4872-be13-9d34873a8d45.jpg

I did know that, & either way, it's ok with me... I think I read somewhere that it was also a part of the contest..but I could be very wrong. I will have to look again, when I have had some sleep & I can make more sense of the written word..

One sick child does equal an entire sick family, but first you have to subtract all sleep for mother. I'll look it up & return for my standard meal of crow (hold the toes, add pepper) when I return better rested. ;) Keep it warm in the oven 'til I get back!

THEY'RE BACK - More GEICO Gecko's in stock now, get 'em while they last! The request form has been enabled again, now is your chance if you missed the first time around!

www.geocaching.com/GEICO

Colin Williams

Lackey

Groundspeak, Inc

THEY'RE BACK - More GEICO Gecko's in stock now, get 'em while they last! The request form has been enabled again, now is your chance if you missed the first time around!

www.geocaching.com/GEICO

Colin Williams

Lackey

Groundspeak, Inc

I never received mine from the first go around and now I can't request one on the second offering. Any hope for me or am I up a creek without a gecko?

www.geocaching.com/GEICO

Colin Williams

Lackey

Groundspeak, Inc

I never received mine from the first go around and now I can't request one on the second offering. Any hope for me or am I up a creek without a gecko?

When you tried to request another one, did they say you already requested one? Hopefully they will fill your original request. But you can request another one, by using a different email address.

I received mine and I have already sent it out on its way. I created my own mission and then sent it out.

I also want to know if anyone has received one of the Explorists yet? I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet, and I know I haven't received one yet. Anybody know?

I read a forum post from somebody who said they won the second or third week. Don't remember what the thread was, but if you search for "explorist GC" and "I WON", you might find it.

I have a GC myself, and I'm entering every week for the wifey.

I discovered one of these just the other day: TB47235

6d9a14b6-80e5-4605-9d53-9e565833aed6.jpg

It IS similar to the Jeep trackables, but I just didn't like the solicitation factor. Geico definitely wants me as a customer, whereas the Jeep TBs didn't seem to want to sell me anything. At least, not blatantly. Rather, Jeep was giving away an opportunity to win something by being a little creative with a camera.

I'm going to have to applud Geico in a way, though. I mean each travelbug will probably be seen by about 10 people tops before being lost temporarily.... if they send out say 5,000 tags.... that is a 50,000 person audience (for now). Well in 10 years when people find the TB that they lost before moving to another cache there is the ability for it to be seen by another 10 people. That is just smart marketing.... LOL :laughing:

At least they look decent.

I have seen on their tracking page, though, that some have traveled as far as Germany.

I am guessing that the loophole would be to have yours sent to an American address and then have them release it for you. This might be slightly dishonest... but that is the price they pay for trying to sell insurance through geocaching.

Just saw this sweepstakes... and chance to get a free travel tag. Of course... I love free stuff and ordered one. I will probably get a ton of junk mail from Geico in return. Any thoughts on this. Is there any precedence for this. I can think of only the Jeep travel tags.

Geico Travel Tag and Sweepstakes

So far I haven't actually gotten any advertizing stuff from Geico as a result. I've got one of the tags and have entered the GPS raffle each week.

I first heard all about the Geico TB's while listening to the Podcacher podcast. I listen to their show first thing monday morning at work. I work in a factory, so whatever i can do to escape the reality of my job is well worth it. And plus, I am a geocacher, so this show is right up my alley. Anyway, after hearing about it on the show, they gave out the address to get them. I quickly pulled out my iphone and went to the page, only to find out that I was not able to get one. I was so let down. Then a couple weeks later, I held an event, and someone was there that happened to have 2. 1 unactivated. he was kind enough to let me have it, so now I can say I am the owner of a Geico Bug. Moral of the story, if you want a heads up on awesome geocaching news, check out their show.

Those who ordered one from the original batch but didn't get them then--are you getting them now?

Someone (in fact 2 someones) I know who didn't order one until the 2nd go-round got theirs today.

I submitted an order within the last 2 hours of the first offer. I expected that maybe they ran out of geckos by time they got to my name. But today there was a lizard in my mailbox! That was quite a surprise.

I got one, but nowhere can I find if we are supposed to attach them to some item like a TB tag or just send them on their own. They are small as hell though so I think they would get lost fast if I do that.

CalifScots

The T&C's state that they are unactivated, so I'm assuming that they can have a mission and an owner, unlike the Jeeps.

Cool. It sure does say "brand new, un-activated", right there on the front page. :rolleyes:

If you drill down through the Geico site, there's a photo of the thing:

15zju3l.jpg

I got one, but nowhere can I find if we are supposed to attach them to some item like a TB tag or just send them on their own.

I hooked mine to a key fob with some info. You can treat that lizard like any ordinary TB Dog Tag, and tie it to a small toy or whatever. But get rid of the cheesy chain -- use something more substantial, or the gecko will get lost for sure.

I got one, but nowhere can I find if we are supposed to attach them to some item like a TB tag or just send them on their own. They are small as hell though so I think they would get lost fast if I do that.

CalifScots

I sent mine out without anything attached, the people to pick it up next added something to it.

No idea what or anything, but over all not something I'm going to worry about.