New Trend

SooMukwas

Is this the new trend? One last week and two last night that I know of lately.

Or maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time since I started placing caches, but I thought you need to have the cache in place before you publish it.

Hence, no one wastes their time looking for something that is not even there yet....

I can't wait for the FTF haters to start saying "that's what you get for running out there for the FTF!"

I love these threads!

Which is why I don't bother too often unless they are very, very close by, but still, even I feel bad for FTF'ers like you on late night FTF hunt.... :lol:

Thanks. You know that I was going mental not being able to get it. Either way, this "trend" which seems to happen every spring is somewhat simple to remedy IMHO. I think the default setting on the submission page should not have the box that indicates the cache is ready, already checked off. If you require the cacher to check the box then they are committing to the placement. The fact is that most people don't read the agreement and just click submit!

Thanks. You know that I was going mental not being able to get it. Either way, this "trend" which seems to happen every spring is somewhat simple to remedy IMHO. I think the default setting on the submission page should not have the box that indicates the cache is ready, already checked off. If you require the cacher to check the box then they are committing to the placement. The fact is that most people don't read the agreement and just click submit!

You might like to add that opinion here...

Feedback Forum - "Don't default 'This cache is active' to Yes on new submissions".

mrsB :)

I agree. It's "under review" in the Feedback Forum:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1064931-don-t-default-this-cache-is-active-to-yes-on-new?ref=title

Should be an easy thing to implement.

No point in going for a FTF in my area. It only results in seeing your name in the log. :)

Come on, I get beat all the time. :ph34r:

Lately though I have been getting served a big fat DNF for my zeal and annoying behaviour! Somehow that doesn't bother me too much, it isn't like I am in the middle of heart surgery and I go for it.

That is the advantage of being married and childless, you have no real responsibility!! :lol:... :blink: