Garmin 450t

Been in market to upgrade my gps for geocaching. Was leaning toward Oregon 550, but I just saw the 450t on sale at cabelas for $299. From everything I have seen that appears to be a great price. Now may be willing to go with 450t. Camera on 550 is not essential to me. Going on vacation to New Mexico in a week and ready to pull the trigger on my upgrade. Is it worth going with the 450t at that price over the 550? Thanks for any input.

Been in market to upgrade my gps for geocaching. Was leaning toward Oregon 550, but I just saw the 450t on sale at cabelas for $299. From everything I have seen that appears to be a great price. Now may be willing to go with 450t. Camera on 550 is not essential to me. Going on vacation to New Mexico in a week and ready to pull the trigger on my upgrade. Is it worth going with the 450t at that price over the 550? Thanks for any input.

Im pretty sure there are quite a few threads just like this out there. like this one.

I just saw the 450t on sale at cabelas for $299

When I saw your post last night I checked Cabelas and the 450t for $299 was out of stock. Since there was no 'Add to Cart button...do their store policies allow ordering an item at a sale price when it's out of stock to be delivered when it comes back into stock? Otherwise, the next cheapest option I see is around for the 450 (not the 't') is $325 shipped.

I have been using the Oregon 550T for a long time. The camera is a nice feature but not necessary. Once in a while I need it for an earth cache, virtual or a benchmark. I have used it to photo some interesting objects in the desert including several Desert Tortoises and some incredible Saguaro Cactus.

But yesterday I also went to Cabelas's and purchased the 450T for $299.99 to use for topo and for my wife when she goes geocaching with me. I had planned on buying just the 450 but they wanted $345 for that model. Today we found 32 caches using both units. It's more fun when we both have GPS's in our hand.

I have been using the Oregon 550T for a long time. The camera is a nice feature but not necessary. Once in a while I need it for an earth cache, virtual or a benchmark. I have used it to photo some interesting objects in the desert including several Desert Tortoises and some incredible Saguaro Cactus.

But yesterday I also went to Cabelas's and purchased the 450T for $299.99 to use for topo and for my wife when she goes geocaching with me. I had planned on buying just the 450 but they wanted $345 for that model. Today we found 32 caches using both units. It's more fun when we both have GPS's in our hand.

I've just ordered a 450 from the US on special @ $198. I will collect it on my next visit to the UK in August - can't wait....in the mean time I will use my Dakota 20 to guide me to you meet and greet in the Victoria falls on the 20th June!