A ? re sending out a copy TB

SatelliteStar

Hello - I have had a TB go missing for a year, so I thought I would use the COPY dogtag and send out another. This time I have edited the TB's name, photo, mission and description. I have not deleted any of the original TB's logs (well there was only one, because it went missing immediately after it was first placed!).

Now I am trying to put the COPY TB into my Inventory, so that when I am ready to put it into a cache, I can do so.

The problem is, I can't get it to go into my Inventory.

A week or so ago I thought I had moved it into my Collection, but it is not showing up there.

It is not in my Inventory.

On the TB's page, the only options that I have under "Actions" are :

Move to last location,

and

Recalculate distance.

I marked the Copy TB as 'Collectible' to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

So I unticked the checkbox to make it not collectible, and this doesn't make any difference either.

I changed the Date Released from when the Original was released in May 2010, to today's date (27 May 2011) but this hasn't altered anything either. (should I change the date released back to May 2010?)

So I am left with the problem of what to do, when I am ready to set this re-incarnated TB off on it's travels, if it is not appearing in my Inventory, how do I release it.

So sorry this seems to be such a complicated question ... But I am sure there must be a really simple solution and I have got myself really confused about what and how to do it !

Any ideas?

BTW the public reference number for this particular TB is: TB3EJXZ.

I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Moving in and out of inventory/collection doesn't happen on the TB page itself, but from your profile. In your profile, at the top bar you have links to your inventory and to your collection. There you can move items between them. Make sure the item is set to "not collectible".

If all else fails, you can also try "move to last location", maybe then you can "grab" it.

Edited by dfx

Moving in and out of inventory/collection doesn't happen on the TB page itself, but from your profile. In your profile, at the top bar you have links to your inventory and to your collection. There you can move items between them. Make sure the item is set to "not collectible".

If all else fails, you can also try "move to last location", maybe then you can "grab" it.

Ohhhh dear...

This situation sound rather like the same problem as in a recent topic on the Geocoins Discussion forum. There seems to be something amiss when a trackable marked as Missing gets moved into the Owner's Collection - it seems it gets stuck there and the owner is then unable to move it back into their Inventory in preparation for it to be "re-started".

I haven't investigated this myself yet but it seems BlueDeuce is on the case.

MrsB

I haven't investigated this myself yet but it seems BlueDeuce is on the case.

MrsB

I've seen four separate cachers with this problem. I reported it but so far no response even though other types of reports after me are getting attention.

All right now--Everybody who has had this problem (and everybody who might have it in the future), run right over to BD's Feedback post (follow the link) and add your votes and comments.

Just added my votes to try and get the problem sorted.

It's kind of nice to know I am not the only one with the problem - was beginning to think I was being stupid!

Thanks once again for all your replies, and esp to BlueDeuce for recognising the exact problem.

Fingers crossed something will happen to correct this .. Meanwhile my reincarnated TB will have to stay in limbo for a bit longer.

I had hoped the site time out today would have fixed this issue. But it still isn't working for me.

Very frustrating. Please - if you can go to BlueDeuce's link and vote for this. TPTB need to understand that this problem is potentially costing us some travelers.

And until this is fixed, I certainly will not be moving any MIA travelers into an "unknown location". <_<