Earn for GPS

I just got a factory refurbished garmin etrex venture hc on amazon for 100 dollars and it is very nice so far. I am planning on upgrading to a better gps later and I like to get things like this new. So, if I sell the HC later for 80-90 dollars and my old Etrex H for 50-60 I could have 150 dollars.

I looked into the Dakota series but I then I saw the new Montana! Exciting! Except...its 700 dollars!

Any good ideas on how I can earn the other 550? I really want a REAL PAPERLESS CACHING gps! I knew I would like the HC simply because I would never have to manually enter coordinates again, but having all the other information with me while geocaching would be heaven!

Thanks!

Edited by jacob501

Do you really need all that of the Montanas features? The Dakota is a very similar unit that has a smaller screen but 90% of the Montanas features and is only a small fraction of the cost. If you are conceded about money maybe spending $700 isn't the most appropriate decision. Just take what you have and get a Dakota. I promise you that you will love it.

Could try for a Magellean Explorist GC - paperless for about $150.

Otherwise - let me suggest a job. :ph34r:

What kind of job? :ph34r:

I started delivering newspapers at 7 years old. Finally stopped the daily 5am route when I turned 20. I worked at Burger King from the age of 14 to 21. Provided a lot of my College money.

I've gotta say that even with a job, for about 45 years now, I'd be hard pressed to justify the money Garmin wants for the Montana. I'm happy with my Dakota 20, my Droid phone has an 8 mp camera, built in GPS, Google maps, can be viewed vertical and horizontally, and that only cost $50. And does it seem a bit cheesy that for $700, Garmin can't throw in at least a 1GB SD card, and maybe even City Navigator?

Could try for a Magellean Explorist GC - paperless for about $150.

Otherwise - let me suggest a job. :ph34r:

What kind of job? :ph34r:

Anybody else?

are you pretending or you're for real?...quite a wasteful way of spending your weekly/monthly internet time asking questions like this

are you pretending or you're for real?...quite a wasteful way of spending your weekly/monthly internet time asking questions like this

I could say the same to you. Except you are the one answering my "wasteful" internet questions!

And with really short answers too...I guess that means you are wasting less time than me?

get a job

Edited by jacob501

First to all the folks giving Jacob curt answers you might note that he is a young man and child labor laws prevent him from getting a "real" job.

Jacob, look around your neighborhood for chores that are undesirable. For instance, find someone with a very large dog and evidence of that dog in the back yard. Ask them if they would pay 20 dollars a visit to clean up after the dog in the back yard. If you found five houses that let you visit once a week you could have that new GPS by the end of the summer.

I hate pulling weeds but love how my yard looks when they are all gone. I would pay you good money to pull all the weeds in my garden.

Good luck with your search.

I've gotta say that even with a job, for about 45 years now, I'd be hard pressed to justify the money Garmin wants for the Montana. I'm happy with my Dakota 20, my Droid phone has an 8 mp camera, built in GPS, Google maps, can be viewed vertical and horizontally, and that only cost $50. And does it seem a bit cheesy that for $700, Garmin can't throw in at least a 1GB SD card, and maybe even City Navigator?

Except it didn't really cost $50, it really costs several $100 but you pay a small bit off every month on some rip off 'plan' and in return they also get to SIM lock your device (unless its Verizon then things are even worse), load it with crippled firmware and lock it down as they please.

still wouldn't pay $700 for a Garmin though. unless it had a frikken' laser beam on it for remotely disabling PMOC's