Garmin eTrex Venutre HC Software Probs

Hi all,

Right, I got my Venture HC and plugged it in, XP picked up the drivers for it automatically. I managed to use the GC website and the 'Send to GPS' function perfectly.

The other day after having to resort to 'Use the last known good configuration' during boot up, XP won't even acknowledge the that GPS is there. I get the noise to tell me somethings plugged in via USB and that's it.

I've tried all my USB ports too.

If reinstalling the communicator doesn't work while the unit is off hold down on the stick and hit the power button. While still holding down on the stick try to install the communicator again. I have not had this issue but have read about others having it. This button combo forces the unit into a boot mode so the computer can see it.

I just got a venture hc on amazon and it said "factory refurbished" so I bought it. There are no problems with it, except...Every time I press the power button, a white light flashes and I have to press the power button again to get it to turn on. Otherwise, no problems so far with the gps. What should I do about these wasted ten seconds of my life? :unsure:

Edited by jacob501

Hi all,

Right, I got my Venture HC and plugged it in, XP picked up the drivers for it automatically. I managed to use the GC website and the 'Send to GPS' function perfectly.

The other day after having to resort to 'Use the last known good configuration' during boot up, XP won't even acknowledge the that GPS is there. I get the noise to tell me somethings plugged in via USB and that's it.

I've tried all my USB ports too.

There is a Garmin USB driver off of their website - go reload that.