Speed Camera Cache(s)

Just recieved notification of a second 'speed camera related cache' in my area via my PQ emial. Sorry if i fail to see the reason why any geocacher would like to draw other fellow cachers to the site of Speed cameras in a town. More to the point, people sniffing around a speed camera looking for a nano in a town?

Sorry - not my idea of fun!

Just recieved notification of a second 'speed camera related cache' in my area via my PQ emial. Sorry if i fail to see the reason why any geocacher would like to draw other fellow cachers to the site of Speed cameras in a town. More to the point, people sniffing around a speed camera looking for a nano in a town?

Just as much fun a sniffing around any other piece of street furniture for a nano! :(

Just as much fun a sniffing around any other piece of street furniture for a nano! :(

And some people do seem to enjoy this sort of cache, can't see the attraction myself but then again, as strange as it may seem, I'm sure some would say the same thing about a cache involving a hike of a few mile in the middle of no where.

Oh, and talking of "sniffing" around, you want to try some of the many phone box caches up this neck of the woods :cry:

Horses for courses... I love multis, but they are few and far between compared to urban nanos it seems. I just with TBTB would give us a subcategory for urban or for want of a better word, classic. That way PQs wouldn't be littered with driveby magnets that you find in 20 seconds but have to loiter for 20 minutes to retrieve because the bus is late across the road and the group of would be passengers are staring at the "nutter" across the road loitering next to a lampost that they've just thoroughly inspected the rear of.

My problem with them is that they may take skills to find, and those are different to the skills on caches I like, but there is no skill at all in placing them, there's generally nothing of interest to see, and they're stupidly awkward to get the log in and out of.

Of course I may place a magnetic micro... up a hill, over fields, and in a rock, nowhere near anything man made or metal!

do you have to set it off to be able to log it :laughing:

Posting the photograph with your log would have to be optional, otherwise it would be classed as an ALR, and not allowed.

:laughing:

And you wouldn't (in theory) be able to find more than 4 every 3 years or so......unless you were a really fast runner.

See the youtube video of the guy on skates setting off a camera?

Bit difficult to grab the cache though...

Posting the photograph with your log would have to be optional, otherwise it would be classed as an ALR, and not allowed.

And you wouldn't (in theory) be able to find more than 4 every 3 years or so......unless you were a really fast runner.

See the youtube video of the guy on skates setting off a camera?

Bit difficult to grab the cache though...

.......unless you were a really fast skater, with really long arms.

I've only ever managed to set 6 off... and somehow I have a clean license still... one court appearance was a bit close, and perhaps I should have not won, but I argued well!

Of course I may place a magnetic micro... up a hill, over fields, and in a rock, nowhere near anything man made or metal!

What will you attach it to?

Place it under a rock.

Just because it's a magnetic nano, doesn't mean it has to be attached to something metal... :P

ahh... Sussed!!! Found a couple of well hidden ones already... Take some finding when they're not on the only metal object in sight!