DON'T PUT FOOD/CANDY INTO A CACHE, PEOPLE!

Food, tobacco, alcohol and other drugs, knives are all things that should never be left it a cache, for various reasons. Thanks for emphasizing it here.

and if you do for the love of God don't be a tease and leave the hookah behind too :lol:

Hookahs are for tobacco use, bongs are for drugs. Just thought I'd clear that one up, lol.

I was just reading another thread that was started by a school aged child. Meaning, kids use these forums too. If my kid were to come to me and ask me what a BONG or a Hookah are, I would be pretty POd. This thread was about food in caches not drugs.

Just my $0.02

I wish I could remember all the details and the cache, but when I heard about geocaching and letterboxing back in 2006, I started letterboxing since I didn't have a GPS. I read these forums for several months, before I got a gps and began geocaching. I read a thread that mentioned a geocache, I believe in the NW. It was quite a hike in the mountains I think. The CO left a 6 pack of beer in the river near GZ. The idea was to bring another 6 pack and swap out the cold and hot beer. I'm assuming the mountains, since the beer was cold. Not sure if it is still around or how active it was, but sounded like something I would do. I'm sure there were issues, but it wasn't actually in the cache, and it wasn't in an area that kids should stumble across it.