Using scent dogs to locate the cache.

GarminArmin

"...starts scratching the ground close to a cache site."

Ruined site? You able to put it back the way you found it? I found a cache over the weekend where the hide would have been ruined if there had been some large animal scratching up the ground near it.

A clawed up cache site is a lot worse than a social trail, dontcha think?

If it pointed then it'd be a different story.

CR

If people are going to start following their nose, or that of their dogs...

I'll start putting out some form of doggy bait to lead them away from the cache.

It can't be anything harmful or detrimental to the enviroment...hmmm

What about perfume? Would that work to fool a dog?

Hunters have long used various forms of urine, how about llama urine?

Can we start incorporating paws into the rating?

"This cache is 2.5 paws" <- j/k

Will dogs trade fairly? "Left my flea collar, took a squeeze toy"

--

The printer within the dry stadium is the carrot that cooks familiarly.

The only thing my dog Buddy a toy/mini poodle could find is his food bowl. But he enjoys caching once in a while. In city parks mainly. He's a real weeney if we start bushwhacking in real woods. Even if he could find a cache, only people who are counting finds would consider this "cheating". This is all suppose to be a fun hobby. If you can get out with your dog, enjoy it. If he joins the fun by sniffing around - reward him if he finds it. I think that's great!

I usually cache alone. Should we discount finds made by a family of 4 since they have four sets of eyes?

Lighten up.

Just my thoughts.

Alan

quote:
Do you feel it is cheating to use a scent dog to find a cache? My dog has figured out what we are doing when we go out looking for caches and starts scratching the ground close to a cache site. He has helped find two caches this way.

Hmmm....I dunno...did Poochie use any spoilers in locating the cache?

Originally posted by MedicP1:

Eric what is your kitty doing in your avatar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitty?

Eric changed his kitty avatar after bashing my dog using question.

Thank you all for the support.. It looks like my beagle will continue to join us on our hunts. I will teach him to just sit when he finds a cache.