Introducing the updated Shop Geocaching merchandise site!

We are excited to announce our updated Shop Geocaching merchandise website!

We've provided many enhancements that we think will improve your shopping experience. Please note with the update, you will need to create a new account for your first order. You can do this either before you select your items or when you're ready to check out. Here's a direct link to where you can create a new account:

https://shop.geocach.../account/login/

Here are just a few of the features we are excited to announce on the new website:

•Search function to help you easily locate the item you want

•Product reviews by other geocachers

•Shop by Price or Manufacturer

•See shipping rates as you shop

•View current order status by logging into your account

•Search your past orders (applies to orders placed after the site update in May 2011)

•Save multiple shipping addresses

•Pay via Paypal

•Subscribe to the Shop Geocaching Newsletter

For customers outside the United States, we have added an easy search option to show the distributors available in your country:

https://shop.geocach...onal-retailers/

Info is also provided on the Knowledge Book page.

We hope you like the new site!

Recommendation....

When users create accounts, it's great that you send them a "welcome" email. However, please do ***NOT*** put their password in plaintext emails!

Thanks

Great recommendation, Redfist!

We have made a change to the email confirmation and removed the personal account information. Thanks for the great feedback Redfist!

Recommendation....

When users create accounts, it's great that you send them a "welcome" email. However, please do ***NOT*** put their password in plaintext emails!

Thanks

Great recommendation, Redfist!

We have made a change to the email confirmation and removed the personal account information. Thanks for the great feedback Redfist!

AWESOME responsiveness! Thanks!!!

sure wish you would bring the small sized rock containers back.
jholly,

This container measures 3" x 3.5" and comes complete with watertight Micro capsule and RITR Micro Logo Strip. Available in either grey or brown/earth color.

Those are micro-sized fake-rock containers. You used to sell small-sized fake-rock containers. I'm pretty sure those are what jholly would like to have available again.

For the record, I'd like to have them available again too.

I would love it if you offered more merchandise in your Groundspeak office.

I know you don't have a lot of space, but it would be fun to be able to buy more stuff while there.

(I understand if you are wary of doing this because you don't want it to turn into a store).

Just went browsing.

Great selection of stuff!! You guys did a great job on this!!!

Edited by Sol seaker

sure wish you would bring the small sized rock containers back.

jholly,

This container measures 3" x 3.5" and comes complete with watertight Micro capsule and RITR Micro Logo Strip. Available in either grey or brown/earth color.

Nope, no kewpie doll for that one.

You use to have a fake rock that had a twist off bottom and the inside was large enough to hold coins, small bugs, and a maybe a bit of swag. No dinky little tubes here. As I recall it had a geocaching logo on the top, it was maybe 6" or so by 3" or so. I have not been able to find them anywhere except in the wild.

From a previous thread, here are some photos:

snipping the photos out

Bingo! Give that man a kewpie doll!

One problem with those I found out the hard way. They are not really water tight. I have one out in the wild now that I have had to put a bison inside of because the log was soaked.

snipping the photos out

Bingo! Give that man a kewpie doll!

One problem with those I found out the hard way. They are not really water tight. I have one out in the wild now that I have had to put a bison inside of because the log was soaked.

They did make one even before that fake rock that looked the same but the container had a srew on lid that was pretty much water tight.

This is an email that we received. I'm sharing it here anonymously. :)

PayPal, meet Shop.geocaching.com

Shop.geocaching.com, meet PayPal.

I know you've been hearing about each other for a long time, and you may have been wondering if you'd ever meet. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

bnr_nowAccepting_150x60.gif

I would love it if you offered more merchandise in your Groundspeak office.

I know you don't have a lot of space, but it would be fun to be able to buy more stuff while there.

(I understand if you are wary of doing this because you don't want it to turn into a store).

Just went browsing.

Great selection of stuff!! You guys did a great job on this!!!

Hi Sol Seaker,

We're working on it! We've heard your feedback here and in other forum posts, so I'm working at eventually getting the full line of merchandise available by the Block Party. If you know you are coming back for a visit and want to purchase something, we can make sure we have it in stock when you come.

Hope to see you soon again!

From Canada here - would it be possible to pre-order some items and then pick up at the Blockparty event?

This is not a normal service but I am sure we can figure something out. Please place your order the week before the Block Party and include special instructions that you will pick it up at the event. See you there.

I haven't seen the large Signal plushie on the site for a while. Do you guys not sell it anymore? :o:(:unsure:

The large signal plush is sold out and we do not have any on order at this time. We are only offering the mini plush.

Thanks for the response. Does that mean that they may be ordered some time in the future? My Signal is starting to show some wear and tear, and I know that someday I'll need to get a new one. The big plushies are so much better than the small plushies.

Am I going to need to liberate one of the Signals from Groundspeak next time I'm there? ;):ph34r:

From Canada here - would it be possible to pre-order some items and then pick up at the Blockparty event?

This is not a normal service but I am sure we can figure something out. Please place your order the week before the Block Party and include special instructions that you will pick it up at the event. See you there.

Thanks for the response, I will ensure that the order is placed one week before the event. I appreciate the effort to go the extra mile. See you at the event

2010-09-06_17-34-20_229.jpg

2010-09-06_17-34-53_955.jpg

2010-09-06_17-36-04_749.jpg

Now I want one of them. I never saw the appeal in micro fake rocks. That one is awesome!

Found the fake rock a couple times. One was at the base of a tree by a bunch of real rocks in a Nature area. The other was an urban multi. Both were well done and fun to find

It's fun seeing the occasional reviews that people add to the products.

I gotta admit being a little surprised that no one has yet reviewed this product. Who wants to be the first? ;)

I'll review the large plushie. :anibad:

Once you bring them back. :ph34r::laughing:

When I went to the local 10/10/10 event Groundspeak donated some swag, including a large plushie to the event for the auction (which also included lots of things donated by other geocachers). My son got very upset that we didn't win the large plushie especially after it was won by someone that had just won something else.

+1 for bringing back the large plushie signal.