Safari

Plank

Ever since the new board has been out, I can't get the new/find/myspace/notify/tools/login drop down tool bar to work correctly with

Safari browser on Mac OS X.

Also please bring back "today's active topics"!

I have found that the only way to get the links to work is to control-click (or right click- I have a 3-button mouse) on the links that pop down and select, "Open Link in New Window." Doesn't always work but I guess it's better than nothing. I have 1.0b2 installed, not sure if they've released a new update lately or not...

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)

I'm with ya, plank. I LOVE the Safari browser, but I have to use IE for Mac when coming to the forums. I submitted a bug to Apple through the browser. I suggest you do too. The more complaints they get, the sooner they will fix the browser to correctly process whatever code does the menus.

Scott

Mac OS X, Jaguar, not Safari - so I dunno how relevant this is for you:

When I click on the globe icon near the top of the page, I get two choices for "New Since Your Last Visit" and "Today's Active Topics"

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

Login fix for Safari:

After the last update, if you had a cookie stored to log you in, you likely weren't able to do much at geocaching.com. For instance, you try to log a cache, it dumps you out at the hide and seek a cache page. You try to login, it dumps you at the hide and seek page. Real pain in the butt.

To fix this, you have two ways:

If you don't mind losing all your cookies, delete this file: ~/Library/Application Support/WebFoundation/Cookies.plist

If you do mind deleting your cookies, you can just delete the geocaching.com one... if you know how to not break xml files. Open the file above in a text editor. Search for "www.geocaching.com" When you find that text, delete the contents including and between the two nearest tags: <dict> and </dict>. There are likely two of these.

From then on, it should work great.

Good luck,

-Aaron