Caches found???

Binrat

Both my brother{Team Oddball) and myself are cachers and I have a question...

When i view my profile as others see it, it shows 16 found and when I look at the caches found there are 16....but....do the same with my brothers and it says 13 found but only shows 12 caches and that is all, and there is no other pages to look at. Why is this occuring icon_confused.gif

"Blood is thicker than water.......Unless the water is frozen!"

The question is in an appropriate place. This has to do with performance of the site.

When you look at the list of caches found by a user, archived caches DO show up.

Take a look at my profile. I've found 106 caches and when you look at the list of caches I've found, it shows 1 to 25 of 106. On this type of list, archived or unavailable caches show up with a line through them (on my most current list, Fairways is archived).

Since the site is conflicting with the number of caches found, this seems to be a problem with the database in some fashion. I went through each of the pages of the 12 listed as found and I think I found the reason:

Team Oddball logged two finds for the Murals Around the World locationless cache on July 25. The query that looks at what caches you've found evidently lists an aggregate list. It would have no reason to list Murals of the world twice - especially since it's on the same day.

There are indeed 13 finds, but only on 12 caches.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching