prepaid credit cards from 7-11 (or somewhere similar)

I just bought myself a new gps...Magellan eXplorist 510. Which has the ability for paperless geocaching. However, I need to upgrade my membership to premium to be able to.

I do not have a credit card or a paypal account. My friend told me that I can get pre-paid credit cards from 7-11, mac's and other similar stores. The cards they sell are from Visa or Mastercard. I'm wondering whether or not these can be used to upgrade my membership??

Thanks.

Sure you can, they can't tell the difference.

One gotcha though, and I don't know if Groundspeak does it (I would assume they do), if they do "AVS" to verify the card, it may fail if you haven't registered your card with the issuer.

To register your card, you just have to go to their site (should be on back of the card) and enter a name and address.

AVS is when Groundspeak also sends your name and address to the c/c, and if they match, then the c/c comes back and says all is good, if they don't match, Groundspeak (if they do avs) will decline the card. If Groundspeak does avs, and you haven't given the card company your info, then avs will always fail and the card will decline.

I just bought myself a new gps...Magellan eXplorist 510. Which has the ability for paperless geocaching. However, I need to upgrade my membership to premium to be able to.

I do not have a credit card or a paypal account. My friend told me that I can get pre-paid credit cards from 7-11, mac's and other similar stores. The cards they sell are from Visa or Mastercard. I'm wondering whether or not these can be used to upgrade my membership??

Thanks.

Yes, however with all the fees associated, your membership will be much more expensive.

You probably don't need to detour through PayPal or a prepaid credit card.

There are pre-paid Geocaching.com premium membership gift cards available – physical cards you can buy in a store with cash, just like those restaurant/music/shopping gift cards you see at every grocery store or drugstore (around here, anyway). Grab the card, hand over your money, then take it home and enter a code into the Groundspeak page to upgrade your membership.

REI carries them (Groundspeak Premium Membership Gift Card at REI) and I'd be surprised if they're the only one.