Problems processing GPX files.

Frank and Peggy

I received 3 GPX files today.

File 1 had 283 waypoints. EasyGPS reported 135 while Watcher and Spinner each reported the correct 283.

File 2 had 265 waypoints. EasyGPS reported 184 and Watcher and Spinner were correct.

FIle 3 had 99 waypoints. EasyGPS reported 38 while Watcher reported 0. Only Spinner found all of them. GPSbabel found 99 on the raw file while it didn't find any from the Spun file.

Is anyone else experiencing problems similar to these.

-Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Frank and Peggy:

FIle 3 had 99 waypoints. EasyGPS reported 38 while Watcher reported 0. Only Spinner found all of them. GPSbabel found 99 on the raw file while it didn't find any from the Spun file.

If you don't mind, can you e-mail me this GPX? I'll look at it and see why Watcher didn't handle it correctly. I don't know of any outstanding GPX-reading/parsing bugs in 0.1.30, so if there is one in there to find, I'd be grateful if you'd lend me the file so I can find the problem.

GPS@C___J__.com (ClayJar, that is.)

quote:

Is anyone else experiencing problems similar to these.

Be sure you have selected "Generate Zip Files" on the PocketQuery page. Large un-zipped file attachments have a history of getting hosed when passing through various e-mail systems.

alex

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

If you don't mind, can you e-mail me this GPX? I'll look at it and see why Watcher didn't handle it correctly. I don't know of any outstanding GPX-reading/parsing bugs in 0.1.30, so if there is one in there to find, I'd be grateful if you'd lend me the file so I can find the problem.

It's on it's way. Thanks.

-Frank

Okay, the GPX (as I received it, at least) had:

quote:

I assume that was a relic of a bit getting shifted between you an me, so I changed it back to
quote:

If that had been the problem, you would've gotten an error message, though, so I don't think that happened on its way to you. (You *do* get the GPX files sent to you zipped, right?) Other than that one character getting corrupted by the e-mail, the GPX loaded fine for me in Watcher 0.1.30. I thought I had a problem when I opened it and had 0/99 showing, but I turned off my filters and realized they were all virtuals, which I filter out. Without the filters on, I had 99/99 showing.