Should the FTF be made official?

Okay people. The OP was kindly suggesting an idea which he kindly asked for input. Now yup hues are issuing "great joke" and "go away" to the OP. Pretty sure CG isn't very appreciative about this. He kindly asked for an opinion and you guys are just bashing him. This isn't nice!!!, you might wanna stop.
What is a "yup hue"? :huh:
I took it as a typo of "you guys." Wasn't really that hard to figure out what this person was trying to say. Then again, I've noticed that you don't seem to get the "big picture" all the time... Was that really all you could pick on this person for?
Do you always lack a sense of humor?
Are you asking Mitragorz? Or are you answering the question of "Was that really all you could pick on this person for?"? 'Cuz really, it seems both missed the jokes they are rallying behind or against. :unsure:

I was asking asking Mitragorz, who thought that I was serious and was picking on Sword Fern. He was coming to her defense, but I'm trying to say that there was nothing to defend. I assumed, apparently wrongly so, that we would all get a friendly chuckle out of a typo that didn't seem to make any sense ("yup hue").

How was I coming to her defense?

And, how do you know that I am a "he"? :anibad:

Reread it. He says you are the she and Mitragorz was coming to your defense.

Okay people. The OP was kindly suggesting an idea which he kindly asked for input. Now yup hues are issuing "great joke" and "go away" to the OP. Pretty sure CG isn't very appreciative about this. He kindly asked for an opinion and you guys are just bashing him. This isn't nice!!!, you might wanna stop.
I took it as a typo of "you guys." Wasn't really that hard to figure out what this person was trying to say. Then again, I've noticed that you don't seem to get the "big picture" all the time... Was that really all you could pick on this person for?
Are you asking Mitragorz? Or are you answering the question of "Was that really all you could pick on this person for?"? 'Cuz really, it seems both missed the jokes they are rallying behind or against. :unsure:

I was asking asking Mitragorz, who thought that I was serious and was picking on Sword Fern. He was coming to her defense, but I'm trying to say that there was nothing to defend. I assumed, apparently wrongly so, that we would all get a friendly chuckle out of a typo that didn't seem to make any sense ("yup hue").

What???? I am a male, not a female... :ph34r:

OK, now this is getting totally confusing! I don't believe you are a "he". I believe you are a "she". And it was Mitragorz who I said was coming to your defense. Although in the original post (you know, the one with "yup hue" in it?) you were coming to Coldgear's defense. This is getting more and more like a sitcom, isn't it? :lol:

The sitcom plot thickens!

The sitcom plot thickens!

Dont forget the flying banana squirells, it adds to the plot... :laughing:

BTW, I wasn't kidding about not being a she. I am actually a male. Just making sure :)

The high, squeaky voice must have been what threw me off. :lol:

(OK, for the Sword Fern defenders out there... that was a joke)

The high, squeaky voice must have been what threw me off. :lol:

(OK, for the Sword Fern defenders out there... that was a joke)

No kidding. I am famous for reenacting squeaky gerbils voices. Its fun and straining.

I am pretty sure this thread is off topic by now, maybe CG will let us make a sitcom outta this thread. :D

... cue StarBrand with his usual two-quarters tirade ...

OK

FTF and 2 quarters will get you a soda at the machine over on Main street. As a real bonus - just the 2 quarters work equally well.

:)

I know, I am 2 pages late to this...but I am dying to know where 2 quarters will get you a coke :anitongue: Here it would take at least 5.

... cue StarBrand with his usual two-quarters tirade ...

OK

FTF and 2 quarters will get you a soda at the machine over on Main street. As a real bonus - just the 2 quarters work equally well.

:)

I know, I am 2 pages late to this...but I am dying to know where 2 quarters will get you a coke :anitongue: Here it would take at least 5.

Nebraska. Of course, the Cokes are from the 60's. They don't move soft drink inventory very quickly in Nebraska.

You lost me at "votes"

There was voting? :unsure: I pulled the ejection handle at Co-FTF.

There is already a model for this in Terracaching. The owner has a code that they can give to the FTFr to get credit. That seemed to work somewhat. 1 cache = 1 FTF period the end. I would be okay with that here, but it wouldn't make me want to rush for an FTF any more than I do now.

Playing devil's advocate, I could see a lawsuite similar to the 30 Minutes or it's free lawsuit that Domino's lost if someone got hurt/killed or hurt/killed someone else rushing to get the FTF code. There would also be a heckuva lot of bad press for geocaching.com over that. :mellow:

I'll give "yup hue" a 3 on the typo scale-o-meter. It's certainly no "prom my poush."

I'll give "yup hue" a 3 on the typo scale-o-meter. It's certainly no "prom my poush."

:lol: Good call!

:lol:

I blame it on apple.

:lol:

I blame it on apple.

Well, prom my poush!!

FTF an official stat? No thanks. Just too many headaches. And I'm an FTF hound.

FWIW I had an awesome FTF experience last night. I arrived at GZ and met up with a fellow cacher that I have not seen in a few months. Then stuck around GZ and another local showed up and I finally got to meet him for the first time. Then ANOTHER cacher I've been out with dozens of times showed up. And if we'd stuck around 10 more minutes we'd have seen 2 more cachers that I've bumped into a couple of times.

Awesome experinces...THAT should be an official stat! :D

FWIW I had an awesome FTF experience last night. I arrived at GZ and met up with a fellow cacher that I have not seen in a few months. Then stuck around GZ and another local showed up and I finally got to meet him for the first time. Then ANOTHER cacher I've been out with dozens of times showed up. And if we'd stuck around 10 more minutes we'd have seen 2 more cachers that I've bumped into a couple of times.

That is something about FTF that I enjoy. I don't normally go for FTFs, but there's this one where I showed up, and was soon joined by 2 others. We stayed and chatted for a bit, our own mini-event :)

There's usually a good chance on meeting other cachers if someone hides a few at the same time and you go look for it on the same day it was published.

Wow some of my Locals here.

Yes I know it is a joke. But for those who wonder why not... Because one you can't regulate it. What CO is going to sit out there and see who is the real FTFer. Yes I go after FTFs but not insanely. One came up yesterday in a park. Gates closed and I looked up and thought...uhhhhh NO! Called around to see if someone else was going so I wouldn't be alone in case I hurt myself. NOPE! Pass.

I posted this on another FTF posting and this is how I feel why there shouldn't be one.

I am sure the reason there is not real guideline or stat is because you can't prove when a cacher is cheating on FTF. Like creating an account or have friends who put out caches so they can be FTF on as many as they want. Been seeing a lot of caches recently that have been presigned by cachers before they were published. Some thought I was doing it with a well known cacher. So I started submitting them when he was out of the area just to show I was playing fair.

These type of cachers are only boosting their own egos and they will have to live with it.

Edited by jellis