Should the FTF be made official?

Many people like the FTF game. I think they should make it official. Here's what they should do.

Only one person gets to claim FTF, and two other Co-FTF.

Everyone get's to pick whether they are FTF or not, and next to there find count there will be a red picture that says FTF or Co-FTF.

If someone disagree's with FTF then a voting match will be held, the first 5 geocachers to find the cache (other then the two that are debating the FTF/Co-FTF) get to vote for who should be FTF/Co-FTF.

If you feel that you wrongly lost the vote due to discrimination, and whatnot, then you may contact Groundspeak with proof, and they will reinstate your FTF/Co-FTF.

A cache owner can disable FTF voting/picking, and may pick who is FTF/Co-FTF for himself, in this case repeals to Groundspeak will not matter and will be ignored.

Every 10 FTF's you get 2 extra Favorite Votes every 10 Co-FTF's you get one extra Favorite Vote, in addition to the regular ten.

Your FTF count will be right next to your find count and Co-FTF count will be right next to your FTF count (But both before your FTF/Co-FTF if said person has FTF-CoFTF)

Power-FTF caches. This will be a special type of cache, in which 15 people may log FTF's. Afterwords everyone else can log a co-FTF. If you feel that you don't deserve co-ftf/ftf on these caches then you can choose to opt out of FTF on these caches.

Souvenir's for 1 FTF, 10 FTF's, 100 FTF's 1000 FTF's, and 10,000 FTF's at at 20,000 FTF's you get a special FTF geocoin which when dropped into a geocache will allow you to log an FTF on any cache.

FTF-coins. These are promotional coins sold by Groundspeak with "charges". You keep these in your personal possession and can drop these into s many caches as you have charges left. You must pay for a minimum of 10 charges but can name the amount of charges, $5 per charge.

FTF-stealing, if you have more then 10X the amount of FTF's as another person, you can "steal" there FTF, in which they get down-moted to Co-FTF, this is not appealable to Groundspeak. You cannot abuse this power, it's strictly for times when you deserve FTF and don't feel like voting.

Early FTF, this is a special FTF that counts on a technical level as a Co-FTF but is actually a real FTF is disguise. This person got the coords early and had extra time to go for FTF. You may only claim true-FTF in this case if the first person to find it after it was posted claims Co-FTF on it.

FTF-new-log, this too counts as a Co-FTF, in this case you are the first person to find it after a new log, this may only be done if you are the first to log a find after a maintence log.

FTF-year, this may be logged if you are the first person in the year to find this cache, you must have not found the cache previously. This will only be loggable if you are the first to claim it after a new-year. Counts as Co-FTF.

FTF events, these are special events where 100's of event specific caches are hidden, everyone at these event caches may log a FTF on any cache. These caches are usually 50 feet from each other and you do NOT have to log them. You simply specify how many you found in the FTF logging section (Event owner has to specify how many are hidden, limit of 300 to avoid FTF abuse).

Any other suggestions? I think this would be a great improvement to the game. And I need your imput on this!

Many people like the FTF game. I think they should make it official. Here's what they should do.

Only one person gets to claim FTF, and two other Co-FTF.

Everyone get's to pick whether they are FTF or not, and next to there find count there will be a red picture that says FTF or Co-FTF.

If someone disagree's with FTF then a voting match will be held, the first 5 geocachers to find the cache (other then the two that are debating the FTF/Co-FTF) get to vote for who should be FTF/Co-FTF.

If you feel that you wrongly lost the vote due to discrimination, and whatnot, then you may contact Groundspeak with proof, and they will reinstate your FTF/Co-FTF.

A cache owner can disable FTF voting/picking, and may pick who is FTF/Co-FTF for himself, in this case repeals to Groundspeak will not matter and will be ignored.

Every 10 FTF's you get 2 extra Favorite Votes every 10 Co-FTF's you get one extra Favorite Vote, in addition to the regular ten.

Your FTF count will be right next to your find count and Co-FTF count will be right next to your FTF count (But both before your FTF/Co-FTF if said person has FTF-CoFTF)

Power-FTF caches. This will be a special type of cache, in which 15 people may log FTF's. Afterwords everyone else can log a co-FTF. If you feel that you don't deserve co-ftf/ftf on these caches then you can choose to opt out of FTF on these caches.

Souvenir's for 1 FTF, 10 FTF's, 100 FTF's 1000 FTF's, and 10,000 FTF's at at 20,000 FTF's you get a special FTF geocoin which when dropped into a geocache will allow you to log an FTF on any cache.

FTF-coins. These are promotional coins sold by Groundspeak with "charges". You keep these in your personal possession and can drop these into s many caches as you have charges left. You must pay for a minimum of 10 charges but can name the amount of charges, $5 per charge.

FTF-stealing, if you have more then 10X the amount of FTF's as another person, you can "steal" there FTF, in which they get down-moted to Co-FTF, this is not appealable to Groundspeak. You cannot abuse this power, it's strictly for times when you deserve FTF and don't feel like voting.

Early FTF, this is a special FTF that counts on a technical level as a Co-FTF but is actually a real FTF is disguise. This person got the coords early and had extra time to go for FTF. You may only claim true-FTF in this case if the first person to find it after it was posted claims Co-FTF on it.

FTF-new-log, this too counts as a Co-FTF, in this case you are the first person to find it after a new log, this may only be done if you are the first to log a find after a maintence log.

FTF-year, this may be logged if you are the first person in the year to find this cache, you must have not found the cache previously. This will only be loggable if you are the first to claim it after a new-year. Counts as Co-FTF.

FTF events, these are special events where 100's of event specific caches are hidden, everyone at these event caches may log a FTF on any cache. These caches are usually 50 feet from each other and you do NOT have to log them. You simply specify how many you found in the FTF logging section (Event owner has to specify how many are hidden, limit of 300 to avoid FTF abuse).

Any other suggestions? I think this would be a great improvement to the game. And I need your imput on this!

You are young. Stay away from the loco weed and the spice. :laughing:

No. Cache owners should not be put in a position to mediate this side game. We all the strife it causes on the forums here people getting their panties in a bunch over things online or not online. Or better yet finds before publication. If I were a cache owner listening to people whine about their game would annoy me to no end moreso if I had to actually take action on it.

when I read the title of this thread, I thought "cool", but then I read some of what your ideas/rules/restrictions/etc./etc. were and decided

NO!

That's strange, I had almost the completely opposite reaction.

when I read the title of this thread, I thought NO!, but then I read some of what his ideas/rules/restrictions/etc./etc. were and decided "cool*"

*He's being funny. What a jokester that guy is!

Edited by Too Tall John

I couldn't get through the whole post, my brain just kept saying........WHY!!!

Some people are desperate for attention, and like to post what they think is "humorous".

Not the first time with this poster, and unfortunately probably won't be the last time that a pot-stirring thread is started.

This would be more appropriate in Off Topic.

Edited by Pup Patrol

... cue StarBrand with his usual two-quarters tirade ...

OK

FTF and 2 quarters will get you a soda at the machine over on Main street. As a real bonus - just the 2 quarters work equally well.

:)

Not true. A soda costs at least 60 cents from any machine around here.

OK

FTF and 2 quarters will get you a soda at the machine over on Main street. As a real bonus - just the 2 quarters work equally well.

Boy I'm sick of hearing that.

SS

Me too, the cheapest soda machine I can find it $1.35 (not counting the WallyWorld soda machine that dispense cans of a liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike soda).

OK

Boy I'm sick of hearing that.

SS

Me too, the cheapest soda machine I can find it $1.35 (not counting the WallyWorld soda machine that dispense cans of a liquid that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike soda).

In all seriousness - there are 3 of them over on Main Street selling at 50 cents each. Though 1 of them does also require a FTF.

Not only would I say NO, I'd say HELL NO!

I have 228 FTF and I don't think it makes me special. It just means I was somewhat crazed on multiple occasions. I don't do the FTF thing anymore but, even when I did, I had no need to be "officially recognized" for it. This is a hobby. Treat it as such. If you love the FTF then go for it but don't take yourself too seriously just because you were willing to zoom out the door on a moonless and rainy night and rummage through the poison oak out by the river just so you could be FTF.