Its been almost two years!

redjada

Our very first TB (Red & Jada's Baby TB2JMBZ) was set out on its journey on March 1st 2009. After three months it went missing. The other day I received an email from a geocacher. After almost two years, our Red & Jada's Baby has been rescued and is alive and well. I couldn't believe it when I first read that email! Its was such a surprise! Never though we would hear anything from our TB again.

Apparently, the last cache it was in was muggled and our TB has been living in the woods for almost for two years. Now we are excited to watch its travels once again.

RedJada.

Edited by redjada

Great to hear, and it gives me hopes that my first tb will reappear soon....

I am hoping that my Team NVA travelmeister (ref# TB2HZHX) reappears soon to. The cacher that grabbed it from a cache in the New Orleans area has had it since November 2010, and has not answered any of my emails, and changed the tb mission twice since...

ChrisEMT1

(Tracking number removed by moderator, reference number inserted instead.)

Edited by Eartha

I am hoping that my Team NVA travelmeister (ref# ########) reappears soon to. The cacher that grabbed it from a cache in the New Orleans area has had it since November 2010, and has not answered any of my emails, and changed the tb mission twice since...

ChrisEMT1

ChrisEMT1 that's actually the tracking number. You'll want to edit your post and use TB2HZHX. Thanks.

I am hoping that my Team NVA travelmeister (ref# xxxxxx) reappears soon to. The cacher that grabbed it from a cache in the New Orleans area has had it since November 2010, and has not answered any of my emails, and changed the tb mission twice since...

ChrisEMT1

Did they manage that on the cache page? OR Just in a Note... I have to go look... They would have to OWN it to edit the CP.

You did activate it didn't you?

Going to look now.

Edit: I see now it was just poor choice of wording... you added some additional changes... Just an aside. You might be lucky to have it being held... Given the state of the Mississippi and surrounds, it might have been travelling by raft!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

I am hoping that my Team NVA travelmeister (ref# xxxxxx) reappears soon to. The cacher that grabbed it from a cache in the New Orleans area has had it since November 2010, and has not answered any of my emails, and changed the tb mission twice since...

ChrisEMT1

Did they manage that on the cache page? OR Just in a Note... I have to go look... They would have to OWN it to edit the CP.

Going to look now.

Edit: I see now it was just poor choice of wording... you added some additional changes... Just an aside. You might be lucky to have it being held... Given the state of the Mississippi and surrounds, it might have been travelling by raft!

Doug 7rxc

The cacher appears to be from NJ though, at first glance. I would search further and see if they moved south, and if that is the case, I would be more concerned over the fate of the cacher at this point.

Yes, after the last few days of watching the news I'm concerned about lots of people, cachers or not, in the southern States.

Flooding, Tornadoes, Fires and such seem to be much in evidence this year... and hurricane season is rapidly approaching.

I've made many friends through GS and GC over the last few years, in many places, and it pains me to see what's happening.

I did note that the last retreiver logged into GC on May 22 2011, and still show NJ as home so they seem OK. Given the winter, they may have been simply in hiatus while waiting for better weather, didn't check their logging though.

Locally, the last of the seasons snow is falling off the mountains, the melt is raising the rivers and creeks, and wildfire season is underway.

Doug 7rxc

ChrisEMT1

Going to look now.

Doug 7rxc

Yes, I did activate it and gave it a timeline to visit certain countries, and end in Kuwait by July of this year, since I was up for a job at the time that would have sent me to Kuwait, but fortunately (in a way) the job fell through...

I, as the tb owner, actually had to change the mission twice, since 2 deadlines I posted in the original mission had past since the cacher grabbed it out of the New Orleans cache.... A local cacher to me actually grabbed it from a cache hear and moved it to New Orleans toward its' original posted mission, which was greatly appreciated....

I wish it was just being held, but the cacher who currently has the tb, but holding it for 6+ months without answering any of my emails, even one of my recent emails offering to send them a pre-addressed, postage paid envelope to mail it back to me, have gone unanswered. I know most cachers that can't cache, for whatever reason (weather, health, time constraints, etc.) will at least answer saying that they have it and will place when they get caching again...

I know that here in CT, where the weather is similar to New Jersey since we are only a couple hours or so drive apart, we have had relatively decent caching weather, other than a few rain showers over the last couple weeks.

I do hope that the cacher is doing o.k., and that they start caching again.... I would really like to see my tb to start moving again.

as far as the number I posted, it was the reference number that I copied and pasted directly from the tb page....

Sorry if my post sounds like I'm irritated, but by no means do I intend it to sound that way....

Here's another one that reappeared after almost two years. I was the one who placed it (TBH3QY) in GC14MN4 but couldn't log the drop because someone (known here as CacherA) was too quick on the grab.

06/19/2011

CacherB grabbed it

We retrieved this from Colorado Spirit Quest #66. We will keep him moving.

08/16/2009

CacherA grabbed it

Found in GC14MN4 while in Walsenburg. Will move him along.

So? What in the world is one supposed to do when you find one of these Travel Bug things? The one I found is <tracking number removed by moderator, please don't do that>...I know you aren't supposed to post the number here but a reference number instead...but I have no idea how to get a "reference" number???? HELP!

Edited by Eartha

So? What in the world is one supposed to do when you find one of these Travel Bug things? The one I found is XXXXXX...I know you aren't supposed to post the number here but a reference number instead...but I have no idea how to get a "reference" number???? HELP!

You say you know you're not supposed to post the tracking number, yet you do exactly that. Why? You could have asked your question without posting the number you know you're not supposed to.

Edited by DoubleBent

So? What in the world is one supposed to do when you find one of these Travel Bug things? The one I found is ******...I know you aren't supposed to post the number here but a reference number instead...but I have no idea how to get a "reference" number???? HELP!

First of all, that's great that you found it - I see it was marked missing in August 06.

Go back and look at the TB's page. 6 lines down under its name you'll see

Use TBMQF7 to reference this item.

If you still can, it would be good if you could edit your original post and put in that reference number instead of the tracking number. (You can only edit forum posts for x hours after posting... and I forget what the x is.)

If not, I expect our forum Mod will do it later.

Now, the next thing is that you've logged it as "discovered". A discovered log is used when you see a trackable item somewhere but you don't retrieve it from the location, you leave it where it is.

If you have retrieved the travel bug from a cache somewhere you need to do another log to show that it is now in your hands. Go back to the TB page and do another log - This time select either "Retrieved from Hwy 45" or "Grabbed it from somewhere else". Put the correct date, tracking number and a comment in the box. Submit log entry.

Done. :)

From your profile, it appears you've just created your geocaching account. It's very unusual that that you've found such a very old, lost travel bug - Would you like to tell us the story of how you've come across it?

MrsB

From your profile, it appears you've just created your geocaching account. It's very unusual that that you've found such a very old, lost travel bug - Would you like to tell us the story of how you've come across it?

MrsB

I posted my response before I looked at the TB; when I looked at it, my first thought was "How neat!" Then I went to bed and was thinking about it some more, I thought more like "How unusual." Then on to "Something smells fishy."

I suspect that this poster had some prior knowledge of this particular TB, and may be the original (long inactive) owner, come back under a new name. This poster claims to have found it in Arizona, which is the location of the original owner and the starting location of the TB, which was last seen in Wisconsin. I smell Troll.

So? What in the world is one supposed to do when you find one of these Travel Bug things? The one I found is <tracking number removed by moderator, please don't do that>...I know you aren't supposed to post the number here but a reference number instead...but I have no idea how to get a "reference" number???? HELP!

Please visit the link in my signature to the Groundspeak Knowledge Book for more information.