Just bragging.

Twelve days ago I was going for dinner with some friends. While we were waiting for the Granville Island ferry one of them pulled out his iPhone and looked for a Geo Cache. I thought he wanted to know where a compact car dealership was. Couple days later I'm a member, have the iPhone app and own a new Garmin Oregon 450. Yesterday, after 5 hours of hiking I managed the 100 star challenge, today, after 7 hours hiking & driving I went after the icon challenge, I did 7 different cache types in one day: traditional, multiple, Puzzle, letterbox, Wherigo, virtual and earth cache.

Your turn, brag away.

It wasn't today, but here's my bit of bragging.

Here are some of the trades I've done this year.

T-Nothing

L-Decorative Paper Clips, 15-pak Colored Pencils, 6-pak Peace and Love Buttons, Santa Hat, Bathtub Light, Magnetive Picture Frame, Bag of Rubber Bands, 3-pak LED Keychains, Purple Striped Kleenex.

============

T-Nothing

L-Santa Claus Hat, 2 Packs Magnetic Pushpins, Bag of Body Parts, Fancy Thumbtacks

============

T-Nothing

L-Pink Gardening Gloves, Bag of Skulls, Magnetic Picture Frame, 2 Sunscreen Towelettes, Bag of Rubber Bands, Small Hammer, 10-pak Pencils, 3-pack Gel Pens

============

T-TB

L-Bag of Rubber Bands, Purple Rubber Duckie, Bag of Body Parts, Stretchy Frogs, Grip Strengthener, Green Measuring Cups, Mini Back Pack, 3-pak LED Keychain Lights, Santa Claus Hat, TB.

============

T-Kleenex, Whistle.

L-Santa Hat, Fishing Lure, Fancy Paper Clips, Fancy Thumbtacks, Magnetic Pushpins, Yellow "Laugh" Bottle, Emergency Poncho, Bag of Rubber Bands, Christian Dior Necktie, 10-pak of Pencils, Bag of Body Parts, 3-pak LED Keychain Lights.

============

T-Nothing

L-2 Koozies, Bones Gloves, Green Monster Bag, Black and White Rubber Bands, Fishing Lure, Pair of Bunjee Cords, Blue Glowstick, Orange Glowstick, Push Pins, Package of Army Men.

============

T-Rubber Duck, Baseball Game.

L-Package of Push Pins, Fishing Lure, Small Windchime, Bag Of Skulls, Green Glow Stick, Bones Gloves.

============

T-Nothing

L-Decorative Paper Clips, 15-pak Colored Pencils, 6-pak Peace and Love Buttons, Santa Hat, Bathtub Light, Magnetive Picture Frame, Bag of Rubber Bands, 3-pak LED Keychains, Purple Striped Kleenex.

============

T-Nothing

L-Santa Claus Hat, 2 Packs Magnetic Pushpins, Bag of Body Parts, Fancy Thumbtacks

============

T-Nothing

L-Pink Gardening Gloves, Bag of Skulls, Magnetic Picture Frame, 2 Sunscreen Towelettes, Bag of Rubber Bands, Small Hammer, 10-pak Pencils, 3-pack Gel Pens

============

T-TB

L-Bag of Rubber Bands, Purple Rubber Duckie, Bag of Body Parts, Stretchy Frogs, Grip Strengthener, Green Measuring Cups, Mini Back Pack, 3-pak LED Keychain Lights, Santa Claus Hat, TB.

============

T-Kleenex, Whistle.

L-Santa Hat, Fishing Lure, Fancy Paper Clips, Fancy Thumbtacks, Magnetic Pushpins, Yellow "Laugh" Bottle, Emergency Poncho, Bag of Rubber Bands, Christian Dior Necktie, 10-pak of Pencils, Bag of Body Parts, 3-pak LED Keychain Lights.

============

T-Nothing

L-2 Koozies, Bones Gloves, Green Monster Bag, Black and White Rubber Bands, Fishing Lure, Pair of Bunjee Cords, Blue Glowstick, Orange Glowstick, Push Pins, Package of Army Men.

============

L-Package of Push Pins, Fishing Lure, Small Windchime, Bag Of Skulls, Green Glow Stick, Bones Gloves.

============

Wow, you carry some pretty odd swag, now that's worth bragging about.

Backwoods caching on Saturday and saw a Momma Bear and her cub......

Nice, I paraglide and one day we were up on launch very early in the morning and I was first to launch. I started running and just as I approached the part of launch where the mountain started to drop off I got off the ground and airborne. Lucky for me, about 15' ahead was a bear sitting there eating berries and I startled him and he stood up and growled and took a swipe at me but I cleared him by about 10'.

It's a lot of fun isn't it???

Great combo too - we have iphones and Oregan 450!

Nothing here to brag about other than we've been trying to get a cache a day and I think we're only at 22 days? dadgum newbies! (laugh)

And our 6 hidden caches are doing well and getting some nice comments. We wanna make sure our hidden caches are reputable (kept up, designed well, nice hide areas, etc). People seem to be happy - which makes us happy too!!

Thank You to everyone!!

We're planning on attending some local events (for the first time)and meeting some of the local people who their names we see everywhere!

Picked up our 30th U.S. state, Colorado, last week. We'll pick up our 31st, California, in mid-June. And we'll roll over to our 3500th cache over Memorial Day weekend, planned milestone cache is the Alabama Well-Rounded Cacher Challenge. Go, us! :laughing:

I drove past a WalMart parking lot today and didn't even stop.

Yes, but you knew it was there didn't you?... and that little voice was tempting you to pull in and sign the log wasn't it.. Evil is all around us and we must not be tempted.. Wait...It's 9:30... the world is still here..................... never mind.

Had a great day caching with a fine group of people yesterday, but I have zero smileys to show for it, and I don't care. I got the smileys earlier.

I don't care because I'm not trying to go for a multi-day streak, or find that elusive 4.5/3.5 combination, or a smiley in some arbitrary parcel of land that looks just like all the others.

I am free!

I am free!

I'm with you on that! I do have a small goal of 200 caches this year, and I already made my goal of making my own cache and putting it out. I will get to the Wherigo's, 5 star caches and other stuff later. I have no interest in trying to find more than 20 caches a day, in fact my record is 7. :laughing: I'd rather go for a walk or a bike ride in the woods and just find a few nice ones in pretty spots.

My last "caching day" was Thursday. I went to do cache maintenance on 5 caches. 4 were on a bridge and I couldn't check one because it's now surrounded by floodwater. I replaced 2 that were muggled and BROKE the other one, while checking it. It was an adopted cache that had a glued in metal washer so it could magnetically attach and I'm not sure if I want to replace it. After checking the 5th cache, I ran over a parking lot divider and did damage to the bottom of my minivan. Ugh. Then I had to go BACK to a cache I had found a few days prior...because I accidentally took the log book with me! So that was my pretty much wasted geocaching day on Thursday. :blink:

' timestamp='1305772608' post='4715571']

Twelve days ago I was going for dinner with some friends. While we were waiting for the Granville Island ferry one of them pulled out his iPhone and looked for a Geo Cache. I thought he wanted to know where a compact car dealership was. Couple days later I'm a member, have the iPhone app and own a new Garmin Oregon 450. Yesterday, after 5 hours of hiking I managed the 100 star challenge, today, after 7 hours hiking & driving I went after the icon challenge, I did 7 different cache types in one day: traditional, multiple, Puzzle, letterbox, Wherigo, virtual and earth cache.

Your turn, brag away.

by granville island do youu mean the one in vancouver? if so, nice to see another metro vancouver geocacher, I live in north vancouver.

I didn't leave the house today. Nor have I for about a week. Yay, me!

OTOH, I posted a couple waymarks yesterday (and I'm working on a few more), for the first time in forever, so that's good.

Hope your feeling better soon.

Thanks. :) I don't usually complain. I've just had a harder week than "normal".

' timestamp='1305774252' post='4715597']

T-Nothing

============

T-Nothing

============

T-Nothing

============

T-TB

============

T-Kleenex, Whistle.

============

T-Nothing

============

============

Wow, you carry some pretty odd swag, now that's worth bragging about.

Specially the body parts[i hope someone trades up or at least even for that pancreas.]

We set a new record of 7 DNFs yesterday. I think we'll be hosting an event when we hit 500 DNFs, which shouldn't be too much longer!

On how many unique caches were those DNFs, and how many FTDNFs did you have? :P

My wife went to REI for the Memorial Day Sale, to use her dividend (and mine), and while she was there she got me a fake rock geocache ($17!!!) and a nano-cache ($5.95) at REI's way over priced geocaching section. So I got that goin' for me. :laughing:

It's the thought that counts. I luv u baybee! :)