Seeing Caches On Google Maps Street View

I was looking at a home for sale on Google Maps and it had a photo from the street view on the description. As I was looking at the home and zooming in and out, I thought "I wonder if there are caches that can be seen on Google Maps Street View"? Has anyone tried looking at their or another cachers caches near a street that can be seen on Google Maps Street View? It's like getting a free photo of your cache in action! Just curious!

• Upvote 1

Looks new to me. Not all of us frequent the forums that often.

I just looked at one, but the google pic was taken before the cache was placed. The cache I looked for is right in the open but it looks like part of the object is is attached to.

• Upvote 1

Wow it's the 3rd Wednesday again? I didn't realize it was time for yet another new thread on this subject already :blink:

Sorry to give you something to rip on. I didn't see that this was talked about last year. You can lock this thread, and I will go back to lurking.

Wow it's the 3rd Wednesday again? I didn't realize it was time for yet another new thread on this subject already :blink:

Sorry to give you something to rip on. I didn't see that this was talked about last year. You can lock this thread, and I will go back to lurking.

Don't stop posting dude,just do like i do and ignore worthless comments like that.Those ar the kind of comments that keep a lot of people lurking and not getting involved because they are scared too. I think it's an interesting topic that i have never seen before.

• Upvote 1

You should be glad that the cops don't come to your house for looking at Google street view. All you get this time is some annoying forum users complaining about you starting a another thread on some topic they have seen before. Some people think they are doing the needful. Don't let it get to you. :)

• Upvote 2

In my area, the Google maps are so old, they still show stage coach stops and all the vehicles are horse and buggies. Well, maybe a slight exaggeration, but the first homes in my subdivision went up over two years ago, but the map doesn't show a single one, just dirt.

We introduced a Japanese friend of ours to geocaching while she was visiting Finland. When she got back home she tried finding a multi but couldn't figure out where the final container was. She sent me the final coordinates she had solved, so I took a look on street view. I wrote a long response about the various places where it could be hidden... and then I saw this.

paperclip.PNG

• Upvote 1
On 7/21/2022 at 10:17 PM, TeamRabbitRun said:

Calyspo62 - What does that sign say? Photo resolution isn't good enough to read. Is it pertinent to the hide?

Or, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Yes, it's hard to see but it's an image saying to pick up after your dog. You lift the sign and the bison tube pops up.

Edited by Calypso62
On 7/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, Calypso62 said:

Yes, it's hard to see but it's an image saying to pick up after your dog. You lift the sign and the bison tube pops up.

Awesome. Can you send me the Cache ID for that? I'd just like to read the description.

I don't think you could post it here, as that would be providing a spoiler. Thanks!