Archeived

KILO MIKE ALFA

Does anyone know what causes a Geocache listing to be archived and not listed? I appear to have followed all the steps. Could someone help me please.

Did you check the page carefully for any reviewer notes? Check your email? including hidden spam folders?

I am sure there is some reason......

Does anyone know what causes a Geocache listing to be archived and not listed? I appear to have followed all the steps. Could someone help me please.

Did you check the page carefully for any reviewer notes? Check your email? including hidden spam folders?

I am sure there is some reason......

If you are trying to publish a cache make sure you check the box on the cache setup page that says the cache is active or the reviewer will never see it.

It's the check box next to the following text:

Enable cache listing. It is ready for review. (If the listing is not yet ready to be reviewed, uncheck this box.) Note: Only 'Enabled' cache listings are visible to the reviewer.

Edited by Thrak

Your cache is currently properly enabled, so Ed would expect that your local reviewer will deal with it before too long. It is not archived, just not published. It will get published by the reviewer if it meets the guidelines. If it doesn't, then there will be a reviewer note on the cache page explaining why, and what needs to happen before it can be published.

As a suggestion, it is helpful to put something in the description fields, if only a brief description of the area, maybe what led you to put a cache there, or even just your thoughts of the day. A reviewer, seeing a cache page with nothing on it but a title from a new cache hider, might ask you to confirm that you really wanted to leave the description blank. It looks a lot like it hasn't been finished.

It looks as though it simply has not yet been reviewed/published as of yet, not archived.

We cannot read the content, if any is there, so we cannot advise whether or not you are missing any pertinent info.

Be advised that simply submitting it does not get it instantly published. There is a review process through which it must pass. It will be in the reviewers queue and it will be done in the order it was received. The target time is 3-days but they are usually done much faster if everything is in order.