Nearest and Furthest!

I have been looking at the stat's section and it dawned on me that our nearest cache find is actually pretty close to our house (we were amazed when we first looked up geocaching that there was one so close to our frint door!)

our closest is 0.076 kilometres = 0.0472242106 miles

so it got me wondering, what is the closest or furthest find from anyones home locations?

I have been looking at the stat's section and it dawned on me that our nearest cache find is actually pretty close to our house (we were amazed when we first looked up geocaching that there was one so close to our frint door!)

our closest is 0.076 kilometres = 0.0472242106 miles

so it got me wondering, what is the closest or furthest find from anyones home locations?

What's your furthest?

My closest is 0.052 miles and furthest 5254.272 - I'm sure that plenty can beat that!

I've often wondered if I can get away with putting a cache in my mates front room..... :blink:

If they're a homeowner and you ask for permission when they're drunk and won't remember I think that's the guidlines covered.

Hope it's a particularly well decorated front room with nice furnishings though.

Edited by NattyBooshka

Closest 0.093 miles and farthest 5894 miles,, so at our latitude in the UK what is the farthest it could be? I guess living on the equator would give the largest possible distance?

Nearest 0.181 km .

Furthest 14524.326 km - Perth Western Australia, but I've never been there (it was part of the Peter Pan series).

Edited by MartyBartfast

Furthest: 4,347.01 miles, the 0.1 makes all the difference :lol: a cache in Florida, called "end of the road", there was another cache at the other end of the road called "the other end of the road" which was even further but we did not have time to find it.

Nearest to the waypoint is 437 ft from home, it is actually a puzzle and the cache itself is I guess around 300ft from home.

We have also found a travelling cache, which is actually further still whose coordinates are in Texas but I have corrected the coordinates to where we found it (Harrogate) and got GS to remove the souvenir from my profile.

closest to home is my coin vault (not published as yet still waiting for the other half let me screw an ammo box to the outside of our house and the furthest was

GC2G6QQ - Bol Sans (Turkey)

2981.62 km

brilliant Wherigo btw involves crossing the bosphorus in a public waterbuses/boats until you hit the right hotspot

My closest found is 0.245 miles and the furthest is 8478.088 (Falkland Islands), although had I found the traditional one behind Shackleton's grave in South Georgia, that would have been a bit further, and likewise any of the earthcaches in Antarctica (we didn't have the chance to fulfil the relevant conditions).

I think my North/South range is probably one of the greatest, as I've also found caches in Svalbard. Dunno the distance between that and Antarctica, but it's more than a day's caching worth!

<_<

We have also found a travelling cache, which is actually further still whose coordinates are in Texas but I have corrected the coordinates to where we found it (Harrogate) and got GS to remove the souvenir from my profile.

I had to do the same thing. It was tricky to explain to Groundspeak at first but they removed the souvenir for me. There's not much point in having souvenirs if you've never been to the place (nice though they are!).

Nearest cache: 104m, although that's the first stage of a multi

Nearest container: 277m

Furthest cache: 13,269km - "Glaciar Perito Moreno - Patagonia" in Argentina, but that's a virtual

Furthest container: 11154km "Into The Wild (BUE) Cache" in Buenos Aires

Furthest FTF: 8022km Giricidia GeoTree @ Kabini