Cool and weird occurences while caching

So yesterday whilst gathering some information on a puzzle cache I was mugged... but in reverse.

I was reading some plaques and minding my own business when a huge Polish guy with tattoos on his ears accosted me in the street and forced £20 into my hands. He then just walked off. I shouted what's that for and he just said "nothing buy something nice".

So has anyone else had something weird and cool happen to them whilst out caching?

I was reading some plaques and minding my own business when a huge Polish guy with tattoos on his ears accosted me in the street and forced £20 into my hands. He then just walked off. I shouted what's that for and he just said "nothing buy something nice".

It's a new type of travel bug, you now have to find someone else and do the same, and send the £note on its way. :)

It's a new type of travel bug, you now have to find someone else and do the same, and send the £note on its way. :)

Nope i've checked at length and I could find no evidence of a Tracking number or the words Trackable on Geocaching.com

Though maybe it would be kinds fun to write the tracking code for a TB onto the note and see if any geocachers pick it up.

Are you sure that bill isn't counterfeit? Cant help but think he's getting rid of the evidence!

One day we were caching by the river. On a backstreet adjacent to a park. Kind of off the beaten path and I wouldn't want to hang out there at night. We park and we hear little kittens meowing (faint). Next thing we know, there are 5 little tiny cute kittens running across the street chasing us!! OMG, they were so cute and I almost cried. I'm allergic to cats so I can't take them. I know someone dumped them there since there was no signs of a their home and no mama cat around either. Aside from that, stray cats aren't going to chase you! These little guys wouldn't stop chasing us and literally sitting on our feet! I was a mess. I was making phone calls and contacted ORCA. No luck. ORCA tells me they're strays and they've had calls about them before.

So, we ended up running to the truck getting in quick and leaving. Never got the cache.

Oh the memories, took a pict of them.

Edited by Lieblweb

So yesterday whilst gathering some information on a puzzle cache I was mugged... but in reverse.

So has anyone else had something weird and cool happen to them whilst out caching?

I don't know, maybe when he saw you wandering around peeking under bushes and park benches and muttering to yourself, he thought you were some crazy homeless person...:)

was he part of the puzzle! ? :P