Geocaching license plates for Ontario

dfx

Just remember, when you see someone with a 00GC01 type plate, they were the original supporters of this project.

Way to go everyone for making this happen. Especially you Roy.

That's the spirit, try to make this competitive too! I think that every single plate that was promised and paid for had an equally important role to play. How can you be sure that the first supporter didn't wan't another number?

Just remember, when you see someone with a 00GC01 type plate, they were the original supporters of this project.

That's the spirit, try to make this competitive too! I think that every single plate that was promised and paid for had an equally important role to play. How can you be sure that the first supporter didn't wan't another number?

Um. I meant the number plates vs the word plates that will come later. Like SAMPLE.

Um. I meant the number plates vs the word plates that will come later. Like SAMPLE.

Me too, lol!!

If we didn't already have Ontario personalized plates, I'd get in on this.

Actually you will be able to shortly! Now that the original GC.com graphic batch has sold out the GC.com graphic will be available to add onto your new personalized plate and I beleive added to existing personalized plates! Probably by the fall I would guess.

Do you have an available list of who gets which number?

Once "Spring Fling" (the Mega event this coming weekend) is over-and-done-with and a couple of days of de-brain-gooing occurs, the plan is to have an "update" email going out to all the plate purchasers, which will include their plate #.

Any manufacture date from Service Ontario yet? I just got my plate renewal form this week and don't really want to add another sticker to the old plates.... would love to just have fresh plates! I got till mid September!

And yes I know it's out of your hands, it those darn Ont Govt workers! (I'm allowed to say that as I AM ONE)

....as before, July 29th is the "scheduled" date of manufacture.

Seeing as that's a Sunday (!) I'm going to guess that means the 30th.. then Service Ontario have to "Register" the plates in the system and then ship them.

The nice lady said that 'should not be too long'.

And so. We. Wait...

alltheplates.jpg

Looks like I've got a lot of paperwork to do this weekend!

****** Mailing of plates will begin NEXT WEEK ******

Your patience is greatly appreciated!

If you happen to be in the Newmarket area TODAY (FRIDAY AUGUST 3RD), or on MONDAY (AUGUST 6TH) you might be able to stop by and collect your pre-ordered plate.

Drop me a note via my profile on Geocaching.com (RCA777) to arrange pickup! (Service Ontario offices are open on Tuesday!)

A friend just showed me a pic of one of the Ontario plates they found on vacation this past week...wow, they came out nice. Wish we had them here in California! I'd post a pic but don't want to give it away...I'm not discovering it either, since I didn't find it in person. But they are pretty...there's no pics up yet?

Hi Everyone! Time for an update!

I'm thrilled to have seen so many folks post pictures of their own plates/plates they've encountered on the project Facebook page -- thank you all!

I do know that a few people have bought personalized plates from Service Ontario already - and a few have bought the "regular" issues of 03GCxx plates, also.

Reminder -- if you have been asked by family to put something on your "Wish List" for the holiday season... you can always ask for new geocaching licence plates, as they can now be bought directly from Service Ontario!

You can thank the original 200 project participants (and Groundspeak) for the plates now being available in the regular Service Ontario catalogue.

Essentially.... don't forget to tell your friends and family that geocaching licence plates are now available DIRECTLY from Service Ontario!

Visit their website (or their offices) for more info.

The Reviewers are avoiding 01GC13 and 02GC13... so don't ask.

Actually if I was ordering a set I would want one of these, but an 09GC13 would be better, 09 the month I got married and 13 the day I got married. And yes some years it does fall on a friday!

Completely off topic. but that is date of birth of my sister, my sister in law and our grandson, as well as a bunch of first cousins. None are superstitious