WSR Monument Rock Cache in Death Valley Archived! Need opinions!

FlamingLlama

Hello, over spring break my family and I visited death valley. We found a small rock monument that we had built over 4 years ago and had marked on our gps. It was really cool to see that it was still there so we took a picture of ourselves next to it, just like the one we had taken in 1999. We decided to make a "rock cache" (made a small container out of rocks and asked geocachers to add rocks to the box or remove rocks) nearby the monument. However, the cache was archived and the coordinates will never be available to the public. What are your feelings on this? let me remind you that there are no man-made objects at this cache, and it is off the side of a road and not disturbing the park. Thanks.neil_ford@email.com

yes please post the description, cause right now, from the 1st post, I can't see any reason why it would stand any chance at all of being approved.

Did you even actually read the guidelines for hiding a cache? From your first post, it sounds like you ignored the part about placing caches in National Parks, the part about placing caches on vacation, and the part about having a logbook (or even a container!). If you consider it a virtual, since there is no container or logbook, you also ignored all those guidelines about virtuals being interesting places.

So why should this be called a geocache again?

It doesn't even sound worthy of posting to www.waypoint.org

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

August 3, 2002 B.C. by Fred Flintstone (36 found)

What a cool spot. Took a rock, left a rock. Cache in good shape. Thanks for the cache.

March 18, 2001 B.C. by Barney Rubble (67 found)

Cache did not do well surviving the winter. Rocks are strewn about at random, and most of them are cheap McRocks or have been reduced to pebbles. I picked up everything I could. Cache could really use a container. I brought my chisel but there was no log rock to carve on.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

_August 3, 2002 B.C. by Fred Flintstone (36 found)_

What a cool spot. Took a rock, left a rock. Cache in good shape. Thanks for the cache.

_March 18, 2001 B.C. by Barney Rubble (67 found)_

Cache did not do well surviving the winter. Rocks are strewn about at random, and most of them are cheap McRocks or have been reduced to pebbles. I picked up everything I could. Cache could really use a container. I brought my chisel but there was no log rock to carve on.

Since logs appear with the most recent first, shouldn't Barney's log appear before Fred's?

Okay, I really had nothing to add to this discussion, and my feeble attempt here was not nearly as witty as the one that I'm quoting.

quote:
Originally posted by TinSparrow:

Since logs appear with the most recent first, shouldn't Barney's log appear before Fred's?

You are quite right. It was a test to see who noticed the "BC" added after the dates. Give yourself a smiley face!