Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gert

Number of watchers not updated?

Hi cachers,

I've been watching the 3 Felsen cache for a few days now, and it's page still doesn't say "X account(s) watching this cache".

I've also noted, that on other cache's pages the number doesn't change either when I add/remove them from my watch list.

Gert

Cache pages are now "static" since last month's changes. They only re-generate (update) when someone logs a visit. Adding a cache to your watchlist doesn't change the page itself, so the page doesn't regenerate to change the number shown for people watching the cache.

Next time someone logs a find, a not-found or a note on the cache you're watching, the watchlist number should increase to wherever it is at the time of the log.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

What would life be like if there were no hypothetical questions?

I see. I just had to log a "Not Found" to this cache icon_frown.gif and yes, the number of watchers is now updated.

Thanks for the info.

Hmm. That seems a little silly.

I can understand not having to update the number of caches found next to logs (just by clicking on the cachers name you can find that out).

But number of watchers strikes me as something that should be kept up to date.

------

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Hamlet, II.2 252-253

The way I do it is to add a note to the cache then it re-generates and then I simply delete the note, a bit of hassle but it works!

Niall

quote:
Originally posted by The Champions:

The way I do it is to add a note to the cache then it re-generates and then I simply delete the note, a bit of hassle but it works!

Of course, the downside to this is the cache owner and fellow watchers receive an email every time a note is posted...