Missing posts since changeover?

Mr. Snazz

I bring this up for the sake of worthwhile threads...

My ammo boxes should be banned thread, over in General, appears to me to have lost some posts. There were several posts today, but prior to that the last post was in November... I could have *sworn* that there had been several flurries of posts to the thread since then...

Is this a known issue, have other threads lost posts??

Yes, it's a known issue; several folks have complained about lost content in other more worthwhile (but not as humorous) threads. Seems like the problem occurred on long (multiple page) threads, where the later pages didn't get imported.

Elias is going through the old forums and importing the missing posts. For example, after the issue was brought to his attention, Elias has re-imported all the long threads in the Northeast forums, the Cannonball Run thread in the travel bug forum, and many others.

What I'm not sure about is whether EACH missing thread needs to be escalated to his attention, through posts like this one, or if Elias is instead methodically updating all of the long forum threads.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

I've reimported all of the forums except General. General is so big that the import tool in Ubb.x croaks, so Infopop is splitting the forum into smaller chunks for me. Hopefully I'll be able to finish General today.

frog.gif Elias

I haven't really been reading too many of the OLD old posts... so the only way I noticed that some might be missing is by seeing my post count in my forum profile / sig.

It says I've made less than 600... and I know that isn't right, because I'm pretty dern sure that I was happy to have hit the "666 evil posts" mark a few months ago. icon_razz.gif

I've got a lot of catching up to do anyway, so you'll hear no complaints from me any time soon. icon_biggrin.gif

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with 50% less yuck, and 100% more color!!"