7th International Math Trade

Ashallond

hmm, looking into it now.

ooh..."unusual activity on the account" this will be fun.

oh yeah, this is bad. My google docs are gone. And I don't mean the files. I mean, the ability to get to documents is gone. Give me a morning to try to fix this. Apparently someone either hijacked the account or messed up something, so I have a help request into google to try to get it set back up. Hold tight. If it isn't resolved before Monday, I'll make a new database.

*edit 2*

Apparently this seems to be a common occurance when accounts get messed with, so it's a matter of getting it to display correctly. problem is the error I'm seeing is different from what they normally see, so I've also asked in the q&A to see if any other user has seen this before and how to get it fixed.

*edit 3*

The form seems to be up and alive again. It looks as everyone can still share. If you can't get into the account please let me know (and yes I've updated passwords and all sorts of things.)

Edited by Ashallond

added some coins yesterday.. hope I did it right. This is my first math trade!

Looks good but you may want to specify which versions on some of the coins such as the 10-10-10 Multi Event Coin, Red Cross Geocoin(what metal type?), etc... :)

am I able to go back in and change those things? (sorry for the ignorance)

Yep....just go back to the spreadsheet under the "COINS OFFERED" tab. Find the coin listing and click the field that you want to modify. Make any changes you need to and then go to file->Save to make sure that the changes are updated.

It's not possible to see the list of coins before 11 june?

In other words, I can not see the list of coins, even those that I added with the data entry form. Anyone know what to do, please?

hmmm...on the bottom of the spreadsheet should be three tabs:

Information : So how does it work? : COINS OFFERED

click on the COINS OFFERED tab to see the coins. The ones with a date/time stamp are ones that have been input using the form while the ones that are blank in that column are manually entered. Hope this helps

It's not possible to see the list of coins before 11 june?

In other words, I can not see the list of coins, even those that I added with the data entry form. Anyone know what to do, please?

hmmm...on the bottom of the spreadsheet should be three tabs:

Information : So how does it work? : COINS OFFERED

click on the COINS OFFERED tab to see the coins. The ones with a date/time stamp are ones that have been input using the form while the ones that are blank in that column are manually entered. Hope this helps

Yea!, I can see now the three tabs, ...Thanks! :D

So I sent an email with my info. Am I supposed to get an email about how to do it? If so, I didn't receive one. Sorry, this is my first time doing this.

The them some time to get home and send you the email. You only messaged them earlier today and they have probably been at work. Give them at least 24 hours you still haev time to get in on the trade.

If you still haven't gotten an invite PLEASE send another email to

mathtrade7@gmail.com

I think I've caught up sharing with everyone and I've had at least one person send the email to a wrong address as I never got their first email.

Also, the more info you can give in the description area ( types of finish, where it was from if it's a multi-event, color combo, rarity, etc.) will help everyone make better decisions.

I'm also waiting for someone to dump like 10-12 neptune's compasses into the mix so I have a chance of getting one. ;)

And for those of you who are nervous...don't be. We'll walk you through the stages. Right now all you need is to use the form to add coins, and go to the COINS OFFERED tab if you need to make a change.

Whatever you do... DON'T SORT ANYTHING.

421 coins, and I have to say...there's some nices ones in there already.

Edited by Ashallond

So I sent an email with my info. Am I supposed to get an email about how to do it? If so, I didn't receive one. Sorry, this is my first time doing this.

The them some time to get home and send you the email. You only messaged them earlier today and they have probably been at work. Give them at least 24 hours you still haev time to get in on the trade.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be impatient. More nervous than anything. I didn't realize an actual person had to do something and not just a computer! My apologies. :( I have since received the email! :D

Also, the more info you can give in the description area ( types of finish, where it was from if it's a multi-event, color combo, rarity, etc.) will help everyone make better decisions.

I'm also waiting for someone to dump like 10-12 neptune's compasses into the mix so I have a chance of getting one. ;)

Good job on running this project smoothly, Ashallond!

I have added info and links for most of my coins. I hope it's OK to link to forum posts etc - I figured that in addition to photos, people could gather more info on the coins from those pages.

And if someone would kindly add some sets of carousel animals, I'd be willing to leave the Neptune's compasses to you. :)

I'm learning a lot from looking up the coins that have already been added - but it takes a lot of time. Thanks to those who posted links/photos.

correct. What I always do while coins are being put in is two things.

1. Start making a short hand list of what I want. note who's offering it. That will help you find them later on.

2. Start deciding if you are going to offer to trade your coins individually, or as a combo deal. That's pahse two. You don't have to tell me, but if you've got two minis, they may not trade by themselves. The pair might. Start planning what you want to do in the grouping stage so when we get there (like in ONE WEEK!) we can breeze through that section.

Gelugon, just make sure you ONLY put coins in that you have in and hand and have no problem trading, and you'll be ok.

Two other notes.

1. If you are putting in more than one of the exact coin into the trade, please note them as coin 1 and coin 2. That way I know they are not an accidental repeat.

2. Remember to keep your coin amount less than 50. I think I've got one person in with 50-something.

Edited by Ashallond

Gelugon, just make sure you ONLY put coins in that you have in and hand and have no problem trading, and you'll be ok.

Two other notes.

1. If you are putting in more than one of the exact coin into the trade, please note them as coin 1 and coin 2. That way I know they are not an accidental repeat.

2. Remember to keep your coin amount less than 50. I think I've got one person in with 50-something.

Can we enter 2 coins the same for trade? I thought Rule 3 forbids that.

I'd be really keen to put 2 of a particular coin in as it is very uncommon and will be very highly sought after.

Please respect the following rules:

3. Participants may only submit one coin of any one edition (same coin with same finish/colour/etc) to trade. Duplicates are not allowed.

ok yeah, rule 3. No duplicates. Different finishes are ok, but not the exact same coin.

It's ok to have coins not in hand but you had BETTER be sure you have them by the time the trade goes off. If you aren't sure you'll have them, don't list em.

Bother - I was going to throw a second Snoopy geocoin into my list.... Hmmm... what if I called one Black Nickel and the other one Dark Nickel?... or White/Red/Tan enamel version?

Edited by keewee

ok yeah, rule 3. No duplicates. Different finishes are ok, but not the exact same coin.

It's ok to have coins not in hand but you had BETTER be sure you have them by the time the trade goes off. If you aren't sure you'll have them, don't list em.

Bother - I was going to throw a second Snoopy geocoin into my list.... Hmmm... what if I called one Black Nickel and the other one Dark Nickel?... or White/Red/Tan enamel version?

They've got to be different. If they are both black nickel, but of different coloring patterns, then that's ok. If they are exactly the same, then no.