blackberry

hi there ive only really started geocaching and really loving it i was using a blackberry 8900 and now i have upgraded and now on my new device when i open it asks for my number and pin when i put these in it says the license key is invalid and was wondering what and can do about this and how to fix the problem

hi there ive only really started geocaching and really loving it i was using a blackberry 8900 and now i have upgraded and now on my new device when i open it asks for my number and pin when i put these in it says the license key is invalid and was wondering what and can do about this and how to fix the problem

Note sure which program you are using for caching with your blackberry but most of the blackberry apps have the licence key tied into the devices PIN number so that the licence can only be used on one device. (Each blackberry has a different PIN number)

What you will need to do is go back to where you purchased the licence key from and see if they have a mechanism to generate you a new licence key with your new PIN number . If not, drop an email to the people who wrote the software.

Note sure which program you are using for caching with your blackberry but most of the blackberry apps have the licence key tied into the devices PIN number so that the licence can only be used on one device. (Each blackberry has a different PIN number)

What you will need to do is go back to where you purchased the licence key from and see if they have a mechanism to generate you a new licence key with your new PIN number . If not, drop an email to the people who wrote the software.

I lost my Blackberry 9700 and replaced it with 9780. I contacted Geocaching Navigator and explained my situation and they kindly agreed to give me a new license Key. All I had to do was provide them with the PIN for my new phone. This program works great and I no longer use my GPS unless I am in a no coverage area which I have yet to come across. Good Luck.