Web Pages

soandso

They usually make them themselves. Get an HTML book and you can too.

THIS is what I did with just some simple HTML and JavaScript. It's also my first stab at using XML. No idea if I did it right, but the page works so I must have done something right. Normally I'd have used ASP, but Cox won't let me run server-side scripts.

I already know HTML, but I had to really bone up on JavaScript. My implemetation isn't very efficient. My normal forte is VBScript. But because it would run client-side I used JavaScript for more compatibility.

quote:
Originally posted by General Bracket:

Get an HTML book and you can too.

GB, that's a cool little page you made there. Just wanted to point out one incorrect thing (since I was told this, and then was disappointed when I got it home and it wasn't so). The Meridian Platinum has a Barometer, but it is NOT used for altimeter calculations by the unit. I'm sure a smart person could manually determine the altitude from the barometric pressure readings, but how many people know how to do that.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by soandso:

Where do people here get their web pages.

I don't have any real experience making a web sight, but I like this idea. Thanks for the help.

Which web pages are you refering to? The cache pages? You don't need to know any HTML to make those. There is an option to supply your own HTML for the pages, but it's not required.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"