Tiki Treasure Tag(Mission, of sorts)

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

When I got home from work today I had a card from the postie telling me to collect a parcel. So after my (later) work I collected this parcel. I had ordered some cottons for crocheting, so I was surprised to get this box...from America...(I thought LadyBee4T was from NZ, silly me!) it took me a while to figure out that the treasure had arrived at my place at last! :laughing:

So here it is...

IMAG4841.jpg

Oh no, sorry, that box is on it's way to the Off Topic Forum...

here it is, all unpacked...

IMAG4954.jpg

And a closer look at the lovely coins...

IMAG4955.jpg

Thank you LadyBee4T - they are lovely coins, and very well chosen for me - I love to release micro coins, and you are right, I couldn't get that snowglobe coin and it will be great to send that out for one of our others which is missing...And the other 2 coins are wonderful treasures. :D

I'm going to leave everyone's regional tokens in the box for WSR, hopefully (it would be cool if the box made it back to him with a small thing from each person). I have been collecting things to send on to Sivota for sooooo long - but I was expecting it to be winter, and there is so little space in this treasure chest, so I have made some minor adjustments for what I'm sending. :ph34r: Hope you like it Sivota!

(I will take some photos and also recheck Sivota's address before sending the box out again, but will post to this thread when it does get sent.)

Write Shop Robert - Thank you for a great mission! I hope it makes it back to you. It has been lovely to read the log book (so strange to read a log book in the comfort of my own home, not on the side of a hill in the pouring rain, for a change! :laughing: ) The box you made is beautiful, photos don't do it justice.

Edited by Fianccetto

I'm happy it made it to you safely! I am always worried when sending something over the pond that it will get "lost" in customs.

WSR---You MADE the box? Wow! Very very nice!

I know what you mean, it is always a relief when a mission arrives at its destination, and I'll be nervous as well until I know it has safely arrived.

I could have made a mistake about WSR making the box, perhaps it is 'hand made' (by someone else) but not 'home made'. :unsure:

We have recently started collecting geocoins so plan to see more of me on this forum! Added our name to the list and removed the ones that have already received the box. Sure looks like fun! I expect to receive this sometime in 2014. :D

I hope I got the correct list. I used the most recent one posted.

#9 Sivota

#10 mamoreb

#11 The Fossillady

#12 lularib

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

Don't know how I missed this before, but I'd like to take part, looks like fun :)

#10 mamoreb

#11 The Fossillady

#12 lularib

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

Signing up for this. Looks like fun!

#10 mamoreb

#11 The Fossillady

#12 lularib

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily4

The box has not showed up here. In fact I already got my coin from Sivota - she found something from my want list, and when the treasure box went missing for some time, she was kind enough to send it sometime around new year. I guess I'm still on the list to receive the box from Sivota (but without a coin!). I'll let you know as soon as something happens.

Missing? WHO has the box....come on guys, please send it on...

I think the term 'Missing' might be jumping to conclusions. If you look at post #206 Sivota only received the box around the 16th July 2012.

Maybe I am wrong, but even keeping it for a month seems a little, let's say, wrong....just sayin...

Hi all,

I´m sorry to have kept everybody waiting.

After my neighbor had come home from vacation (which took a week) I had a really fun time opening the Tiki Treasure box and enjoying its content.

Write Shop Robert: Thank you for this great and fun mission.

When the mission started and we signed up for it Mrs. F. asked me some questions by mail.

She wanted to know what my avatar meant (I´m excavating - archeology is another hobby of me) and what animal would best represent me (a turtle).

So I received a turtle and a (excavated) fossil geocoin.

If that wasn't enough I received two beautiful extra geocoins (see picture).

Mrs. F. Thank you very much for your generosity and the great effort you took to choose your gifts to me with such a great care.

TikiTreasureMision.jpg

It is true that I didn't expect this mission to arrive anymore, so I´m pleasantly surprised this fun mission came after all.

I had sent a geocoin to mamoreb earlier, but I did follow through now and have sent the treasure to Oslo (and added some swag and a geocoin gift of course).

I did keep the box much to long and I apologize for that.

I´ve sent it track and trace (on the 8th of August) and according to this track it was delivered yesterday late afternoon.

mamoreb, please let me know if that is not the case.

Sivota, thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you liked the extra gifts just for you! :D

Let me reassure everyone that you don't have to come up with 4 trackables for this mission, I wanted to give Sivota some extra special gifts to say thanks for several years of volunteering as a moderator, so I used the mission as an excuse to piggy-back some extras for her as a little thank you! One coin that I received wasn't a trackable version, and another was a micro, there might have been a pathtag...It wasn't my intention to start any complaints, please accept that the mission can go back to having just one (or 2 if you are lucky) trackables! :D (Plus the ones to log for Robert -thanks Robert, its fun to take part in this).

A month is about normal for someone to have the box, if they are taking time to select things to fit in it. A lot can change between when someone signs up for this and getting the box - new job, new caches, illness, moving house, new pets, new kids, grandkids... :laughing:

Ït is quite incredible - just a few hours after I posted the message above, I came home and found the Tiki Treasure waiting in the kitchen!

We had a lot of fun going through the swag contents. We still have to decide which items to keep, but fortunately I've got a pretty good idea about what to add. ;)

The coins from Sivota are absolutely fantastic - she really put an effort into finding something that would suit us.

Lately I haven't spent much time at home, so I haven't been able to read the log book yet. Hope to be able to do that this weekend. It is surely something to look forward to!

I have some busy days coming up. I hope I can be allowed a week or two before the chest is shipped out again. Will post here as soon as I do.

I won't reveal the complete contents of the treasure, but these are the coins from Sivota (+ the Nidaros cathedral coin that I got at the start of the year). Thank you so much, Sivota, and thanks to WSR for setting up this mission!

a29a435f-4a4e-48ab-8bb7-4491eb39aadc.jpg?rnd=0.07029569

Treasures have been admired and exchanged, logbook enjoyed and signed, gift coins exchanged, travelling coins grabbed (to be logged into a cache this evening), mauling addresses adjusted, and postage paid!

I could not bear the 75$ they wanted for a tracking number... But I went with A mail (40$). This means that the treasure should be back in the US with The Fossillady within a week from today.

Thanks for the mission!

#10 mamoreb

#11 The Fossillady

#12 lularib

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

This looks like so much fun! I am in at #41.

Edited by HarlansHollowFarms

Good news. The box made it to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I have received it a few minutes ago when arriving home from work.

It seems to be in perfect conditions. At first I thought it should be a toy I bought for a niece of mine, which I expect to arrive these days, so I collected the box from the doorman without admiration. It took me by surprise when I opened the package.

Unfortunately, I am going out tonight and so I am in a hurry.

You can expect photos and a full report on the box until Saturday night, it is a promisse.

Fossilady, thank you very much. I will read the log and go through the items soon.

Email to the next on the list is already sent.

Bye

Edited by Lularib

Well, as promissed, I went through all the contents of the chest and not only me, but my wife and my daughter are all trilled to inspect each one and every item we found there, coins and swag.

Fossillady, thank you so much, for all your choices were beautiful.

So far, we have not traded anything, nor swag, neither coins, because we were waiting for the occasion to take pictures of the chest and all its contents, as they arrived here, before starting this second round of fun.

I already selected some items and coins to leave inside it, but this is another story.

Let's jump to the photos and sorry if they are not so well taken.

Maybe tomorrow I can take some more pictures of the chest paying a visit to some Rio de Janeiro scenery.

Thank you all for the fun, specially Write Shop Robert, Fossillady and all the previous holders of the chest.

No reply from the next in the line, Funkmaster-T, yet.

Yours,

Lula

Pic_4602_27.jpg

Pic_4602_26.jpg

Pic_4602_25.jpg

Pic_4602_28.jpg

Pic_4602_30.jpg

Pic_4602_31.jpg

Pic_4602_29.jpg

Edited by Lularib

#10 mamoreb

#11 The Fossillady

#12 lularib

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

This looks like a blast, can not wait to see it! RSCAENSD will play at #42. A lucky number for us!

I would like to join.

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

This is awesome.

#13 Funkmaster-T

#14 fuzziebear3

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

#44 nickelcitylove

OK, I received the message with Fuzziebear3 address. I didn't hear from Funkmaster-T though. It didn't help that he supposedly posted here using another profile, so that I cannot autenticate that it is really him. So, as far as I know it is going to Fuzziebear3. It is just a matter that I pack it now, because I already have all the items I would like to enclose in it.

I will post news here soon.

Yours

Edited by Lularib

Dear Folks,

The chest is rolling again. Sorry for taking some time to post it but I was making some final arrangements as to fuzziebear3 preferences, considering that it woult not be sent to her, in the first moment.

Tracking number RA271437727BR. If you like, until it reaches the US, track it at the brazilian post offices website http://www.correios.com.br/

Just input the tracking number where you read "rastreamento de objetos" and click at "buscar", then you will see the tracking information, however in Portuguese, rs.

I was informed the it would take a maximum of 15 business days to reach the US, but that is the worst case scenario and then it is up to the USPS to deliver it.

I home it makes to fuzziebear2 before x-mas.

And, finally, following the rules, I am on to it again.

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWashburn

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

#44 nickelcitylove

#45 lularib

Yours

I picked up the treasure from the post office this morning -- but I haven't had a chance to open the package yet. I'm sure it is wonderful and I will post more about it later, but I wanted to let everyone know that it has safely arrived.

Looks like family of goats is up next. I will contact for an address and get something put together for them.

Oh, I had so much fun taking everything out of the box and examining it. I had it all laid on the table, but then we needed to eat dinner and I had to pack it all up again and didn't get to take any pictures! Well, I'll have to sort through everything again :) What fun!

I want to thank Lularib for the very nice note and coins -- so cool!

I have in mind a few other items I want to add / trade in the box as well, so I look forward to playing with it some more before I pass it on.

But, I haven't heard back from Family of Goats / J the Goat. I will try to contact them again, but if I don't get a response I will need to move on down the list.

I did hear back from J the Goat this time, and he said things are hectic right now and asked me to skip over him.

That means that KBFamily, you are up next! I know that you have been watching this closely and waiting.

I'll send a contact email so we can get the address part out of the way, and I'll have to do some research so that the box is best for you.

Someone please update #33 to CCWelch- I have gotten married since this started and changed my caching name.

#15 Family of Goats

#16 KBfamily

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWelch

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

#44 nickelcitylove

#45 lularib

Ta Da!

Just updating the list, so that LewisClan77 can feel the taste of being first. :D

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWelch

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

#44 nickelcitylove

#45 lularib

Just updating the list, so that LewisClan77 can feel the taste of being first. :D

#17 LewisClan77

#18 sheltiedogshowlover

#19 enola05

#20 MooseJawSpruce

#21 the4dirtydogs

#22 yanagi

#23 kini_ont

#24 usyoopers

#25 Maine Family

#26 Ashallond

#27 southern_angel

#28 RhinoInAToga

#29 ALAUNOS

#30 WRITE SHOP ROBERT

#31 Team kizb

#32 jpbarr

#33 CCWelch

#34 sdkonkle

#35 Guwapo

#36 greenstone carver

#37 Arndtwe

#38 Hot Pepper Crew

#39 The Smurfinator

#40 BryanFamily

#41 HarlansHollowFarms

#42 RSCAENSD

#43 fbingha

#44 nickelcitylove

#45 lularib

#46 KBfamily

IMG_4788_zpsa3a0fed6.jpg

Thank you, Write Shop Robert for starting this mission. We LOVED receiving the treasure chest and going through all of the goodies that were hidden inside.

Fuzziebear3 included some wonderful things for the KBfamily - including THE MOST beautiful Cachin' Mom coin. I don't think I will ever let that one go out into the wild, wild world of geocachers. My kids had a great time digging through the box and seeing all of the fun items that folks had placed inside.

It is time for Tiki Treasuer to move on....

I apologize for having it for so long...it arrived during the Christmas holidays and I thought it was a gift and didn't open it for a while. Then we went to Wisconsin for two weeks to hang out with my brother and his family - EagleRiverBaileys...then I quit my job, got a new job, and then here we are today.

What a BLAST!!

Thanks WSR!!!

Edited by KBfamily