Cachesense

I have installed the program Cachesense in my BlackBerry and from last change/update of the oficial webpage is unable to login/Sign in in geocaching page from blackberry always appears the error "HTTP 404"

I cannot find caches as I cannot login in the webpage from my BB

Thanks for your help.

I have installed the program Cachesense in my BlackBerry and from last change/update of the oficial webpage is unable to login/Sign in in geocaching page from blackberry always appears the error "HTTP 404"

Thanks for your help.

It's not clear to me what your expectations are for Cachesense. What you mean "the webpage". What web page?

Without a premium membership at gc.com, you won't have been able to obtain a Pocket Query on your PC to load to your Blackberry. You could get some *.loc files from the gc.com site to load from your PC to your Blackberry, but again, that is done while logged in at gc.com with your PC.

This page from Cachesense explains how it should function. They also have a support forum there. http://www.cachesens...quickstart.aspx

Edited by ecanderson

Thanks for your help.

It's not clear to me what your expectations are for Cachesense. What you mean "the webpage". What web page?

Without a premium membership at gc.com, you won't have been able to obtain a Pocket Query on your PC to load to your Blackberry. You could get some *.loc files from the gc.com site to load from your PC to your Blackberry, but again, that is done while logged in at gc.com with your PC.

This page from Cachesense explains how it should function. They also have a support forum there. http://www.cachesens...quickstart.aspx

I have a BB 8330. I can load the GC home page, however when I hit the sign in button I either get a 404 error, or the device continuously loads the page and errors that the page is to large to load to the device. I have 10meg available on the device. I have tried this on 1 other 8330, same issue. An 8530 seems to work.

Edited by LIDSDAD

I have a BB 8330. I can load the GC home page, however when I hit the sign in button I either get a 404 error, or the device continuously loads the page and errors that the page is to large to load to the device. I have 10meg available on the device. I have tried this on 1 other 8330, same issue. An 8530 seems to work.

I have a Blackberry 8310 and have run into the same problems; 404 error and/or page too large to load. My wife & I used to use our BBs frequently as caching tools, but now, since the most recent website update, we can't even log on. We've had to remember how to do things the old-school way: by printing out the cache sheets and logging our finds when we get home.

Keep on Caching! - Kewaneh & Shark

I have a Blackberry 8310 and have run into the same problems; 404 error and/or page too large to load. My wife & I used to use our BBs frequently as caching tools, but now, since the most recent website update, we can't even log on. We've had to remember how to do things the old-school way: by printing out the cache sheets and logging our finds when we get home.

Keep on Caching! - Kewaneh & Shark

After some playing around I was able to get my BB 8330 to log in. It seems the login in the main GC page uses a java script box. For whatever reason the BB will not load that script and pop up the box. I found an alternative login at https://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx .

You will have to change your settings for the browser. open the browser hit the bb button, select options, browser config, uncheck "support java", "prompt to enable JavaScript", " use background images", "support style sheets"

Hit the bb button select Save options and hit the back button when it is back at the browser options screen.

You will now have to open the browser, hit the BB button, select goto and type in "https://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx" . It will load the login page. Enter your user name and password. Mine took forever after I entered this information and gave me an error, however when I hit back it did log me in. I use blackstar once I did the log in, blackstar took me to the closest caches.

If you are using a caching app try loging in to the GC website before running the caching app.

After posting this the website truncates so here it is again take out the spaces.

https:// www.geocaching.com / login / default.aspx

You may want to bookmark it on the BB once you are able to login.

Aaron

Edited by LIDSDAD