Metroguide V8 vs OSM maps

I've got both loaded into Mapsource and will be using one or other of them in earnest next month. Question is - which one? Metroguide V8 is a few years old now, but the OSM maps, being crowd-sourced may not have as much coverage.

I'll be using the autorouting on an Oregon ('tweaked' MG)

Comments, bickbats, bouquets, recommendations please?

I've got both loaded into Mapsource and will be using one or other of them in earnest next month. Question is - which one? Metroguide V8 is a few years old now, but the OSM maps, being crowd-sourced may not have as much coverage.

I'll be using the autorouting on an Oregon ('tweaked' MG)

Comments, bickbats, bouquets, recommendations please?

It depends on what you are after. OSM doesn't yet have 100% road coverage of the whole UK yet, but there are now quite a few areas where it does. For the rest, the major road network looks pretty complete and I've always found using the talkytoaster OSM maps on my GPS to be very good. In some areas, footpath coverage is very good, in others, almost non-existant. One other advantage is that if you come across a footpath/road which isn't on the map, you can edit it directly on OSM so that it is.

I have no idea what the Metroguide maps look like, but if they're a few years old, then they won't be 100% complete either. One of the OSM advantages is that, being crowd-sourced and directly editable, new roads can sometimes appear within hours of them opening.