New Snoopy Geocoin

Tartansnake & Stacky

I understand these will be over $30 to the US.

The people selling the geocoin can not sell them to the US due to restrictions imposed in the licensing agreement and I don't know if anyone has seen an actual/finalized price for the coins yet.

Edited by keewee

I will look to buy a number of these to trade :)

As a long time Scout leader I would love to get one of these.

I have traders in my sig line as well as lots I haven't been able to list.

Fingers crossed.

Snap! I'm a long time leader in Scouting also! :)

You are on my list. :)

Would LOVE to have one of these! Can you add me to whatever the "list" is? Hubby and I have were both in scouts all our youth lives, and leaders for all our kids troops until they all grew up. Our nephew just had his Eagle Scout Court of Awards and have another that's Eagle and niece who got Girl Scout Gold Award. Not to mention that I am a big, big, big, big Snoopy fan! I have a trade list that I just put together (I'm new to trading), but have some to trade!

I will look to buy a number of these to trade :)

As a long time Scout leader I would love to get one of these.

I have traders in my sig line as well as lots I haven't been able to list.

Fingers crossed.

Snap! I'm a long time leader in Scouting also! :)

You are on my list. :)

Would LOVE to have one of these! Can you add me to whatever the "list" is? Hubby and I have were both in scouts all our youth lives, and leaders for all our kids troops until they all grew up. Our nephew just had his Eagle Scout Court of Awards and have another that's Eagle and niece who got Girl Scout Gold Award. Not to mention that I am a big, big, big, big Snoopy fan! I have a trade list that I just put together (I'm new to trading), but have some to trade!

Message sent

I've calculated the cost of the Snoopy Geocoins, so am contacting those who had expressed an interest in me getting one for them with that cost. Due to our dollar climbing against the US dramatically of late the cost is higher than anticipated, but I can explain that to those who still want one.

ETA - Oh, and fair warning - the exchange rates are varying a lot at the moment, so the cost one day may not be the same as the previous day.

Edited by keewee

Have now sent a message to the rest of you who had expressed an interest (and didn't pull out after I sent thru indicative cost).

If you've not heard from me, send me an email via my profile please and I will respond in the morning. =

Some one remind me why I've have spend hours and hours on this for no gain!?? Oh yeah - cos that's how I roll... :laughing:

Have now sent a message to the rest of you who had expressed an interest (and didn't pull out after I sent thru indicative cost).

If you've not heard from me, send me an email via my profile please and I will respond in the morning. =

Some one remind me why I've have spend hours and hours on this for no gain!?? Oh yeah - cos that's how I roll... :laughing:

Email on the way.

Thanks for being the middle man :mellow:

Did the snoopy toon originally start in Australia or something?

I remember him as a kid, I wasn't really in the cub scouts long enough but ANY snoopy would be cool... heck I'd love to see smurfs too.

Its too bad that the licensing is difficult to get for the for the US :(

I remember him as a kid, I wasn't really in the cub scouts long enough but ANY snoopy would be cool... heck I'd love to see smurfs too.

Snoopy is the work of Charles M.Schulz, an American cartoonist.

We decided last year to make our own geocoin but was unsure of a design. Then my mum stepped in (who is a massive Snoopy fan) and suggested Snoopy. So we contacted Peanuts and after 14 months we finally have our coin.

Unfortunately due to the high royalties we were only able to afford distribution for Australia and New Zealand. We’ve started talks on a 2012 coin which we plan to distribute worldwide.

Until then we hope people enjoy our 2011 Snoopy geocoin.

Happy Caching :grin:

Snoopy is the work of Charles M.Schulz, an American cartoonist.

We decided last year to make our own geocoin but was unsure of a design. Then my mum stepped in (who is a massive Snoopy fan) and suggested Snoopy. So we contacted Peanuts and after 14 months we finally have our coin.

Unfortunately due to the high royalties we were only able to afford distribution for Australia and New Zealand. We've started talks on a 2012 coin which we plan to distribute worldwide.

Until then we hope people enjoy our 2011 Snoopy geocoin.

Happy Caching :grin:

Interesting that an American original can only be sold in Oz/Nz and the royalties are bullocks in the USA/global?

Well I hope someday these 2011 gems make their way to the USA unactivated someday cuz I sure as heck would LOVE one of these! I'd get a 2012 edition too, I know the 2011 is themed boy scouts or scouting or whatever... that is negligible to me I'd have the snoopy anytime!

Good luck with your sales though :)

I have emailed twice with no response. :(

Hi Tennessee Jed - will get back to you today with a response. Sorry, been so much to do.

Dude! I have bought them for you!

If anyone outside of NZ/Australia wants one of these, I can will buy it, get it shipped to me and then ship it on to you. I am doing it at cost (ie. I am not adding anything on for myself - the cost is original coin/shipping + mailer/reshipping to you + PayPal fee - that is all).

If you are interested, contact me (email via my profile) and I will send you the information on costs. Then if you still want to go ahead (they are expensive due to licensing fee's and locality), let me know and I will invoice you.

If anyone outside of NZ/Australia wants one of these, I can will buy it, get it shipped to me and then ship it on to you. I am doing it at cost (ie. I am not adding anything on for myself - the cost is original coin/shipping + mailer/reshipping to you + PayPal fee - that is all).

If you are interested, contact me (email via my profile) and I will send you the information on costs. Then if you still want to go ahead (they are expensive due to licensing fee's and locality), let me know and I will invoice you.

Can you give me an idea of what it would cost to get one of these and ship it to the west coast in the USA?

Can you give me an idea of what it would cost to get one of these and ship it to the west coast in the USA?

You have mail :)

Dale and Barb - Are you planning on getting any more of the Snoopy Geocoins? I really would like one and your site is out of stock. I'm an assistant scout master and am planning on doing a caching event to help my local scouts with the newer Geocaching Merit Badge. It would be cool to have this coin to display with my scouting coins. Thanks!

Dale and Barb - Are you planning on getting any more of the Snoopy Geocoins? I really would like one and your site is out of stock. I'm an assistant scout master and am planning on doing a caching event to help my local scouts with the newer Geocaching Merit Badge. It would be cool to have this coin to display with my scouting coins. Thanks!

I still have one to trade or sale in my thread.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We will be getting more of these soon. We just came back from Woodstock where we sold out again.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We will be getting more of these soon. We just came back from Woodstock where we sold out again.

Can you add me to your list for 2? Brother & SIL are Scout masters and they introduced me to caching.

I went to Dale n Barb's website looking for a Boy Scout coin. I noticed they had the Snoopy coin on their site in stock too. Snoopy is under $22. I ordered one with the Boy Scout coin and a Space Shuttle coin. Got all three today. Shipping from Florida to Utah in three days. Wow, that was fast. Coins look GREAT!

Search Space Coast Geocaching Store for their site.