who can remove pics on cache log?

Little Miss Muffet

Give your email a bit of time for them to respond. Keep in mind that new cachers don't know that they shouldn't post a photo and then not know how to delete it. The best thing is to offer friendly assistance. You don't want to put them off.

If nothing happens in a week contact your local reviewer ( regardless of where your bug is) and ask them for direction. If you need you can contact gc.com directly.

Oh, I understand. Send them this as an extra bump to prompt them.

To delete the photo, access the cache page and just above your log select "View/Edit Log/Images Upload an Image for this Log" . Then select "Edit Image". On the upper-right click the trashcan icon. You will then be prompted: Are you sure you want to delete this image? Click Yes.

Can the CO delete it?

Yes, the CO can delete the log with the photo. If the CO is active, and feels like responding and acting on your request.

An email to the cacher would hopefully be sent by the CO, politely and patiently explaining the reason for deleting the log.

Maybe someone could also email the cacher to explain to them how to edit out the sensitive info before they re-post the photo.

Ok, I've found the cache page and the tb photo. The CO seems to be active. At least, has logged in very recently.

Not much of a "found it" log, eh? Just that photo of the tb tag. :(

Hope you can get this problem resolved.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I sent a nice email to the cacher yesterday telling them Thanks for picking it up, happy to hear they are going to take it around the world, please be careful with it, its special to us and why, and asked if they could remove the pic because it could cause it to be locked which would break my daughters heart.

Today they replied back with the list of countries they are going to and asked me which one I wanted it to go to. :huh:

So I sent an email to the CO explaining the situation and asking them to politely remove the photo.

no response yet.

how long do I wait to contact my reviewer or Groundspeak?

my stomach is in knots.

:cry:

Maybe I am too dumm, but what is the problem if the TB photo is on a cache log. I'm interesting in learning about this. Would anyone help me? Thanks

There are people out there who look for these numbers and will virtually log the bug, sometimes moving it to another cache listing. If the bug is virtually logged or moved around too much, gc.com will lock the bug page down for abuse even though the bug owner isn't at fault.

Don't waste the time of a reviewer or GS. If you get no response delete the log which will automatically delete the picture. Of course doing this while he has the bug is risky

it's on the cache log, not the TB log. I can't do it, no access. The cacher or CO or Groundspeak has to.

sigh.

sent another note to the cacher who has it with Blue Deuce's instructions on how to delete it.

I don't know if this was made clear, but the CO can't delete or change the photo. The CO can delete the whole log, which will also delete the photo. The cacher might get mad about having his FOUND log deleted, so you are better off working with the cacher if at all possible.

I had a similar issue. I sent a nice email to the new cacher explaining the situation, and got a nice email back. The photo was deleted, as was the found log from the cache. Cool, waiting....

It's been more than a month and the bug is still listed in the cache it was found in, the cacher hasn't reposted a log, and I haven't heard back. Weak.

Hope your luck is much better than mine.

Send me a link to the log, and untie your stomach. If anyone logs your Trackable saying they saw it online, simply delete the log. Groundspeak will only lock the ones that allow it to happen deliberately. Not an innocent mistake. Rest easy, and send me a link to the log with the photo.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

YOU ARE MY HERO!!