Few questions as a new cache-hider

When adding attributes what constitutes "nearby" for food, fuel, etc? Any cache in a town/city could have these marked.

When adding "Wheelchair accessible", I assume that needing to cross a small amount of level grass doesn't make it less wheelchair accessible, or are people seeing that tag going to assume it's all paved? Should I mark the terrain a 1.5 and give it the accessible tag so they have an idea it might not be paved?

And finally, should I mark every attribute that does or does not apply, what kind of information here is needed and what's too much?

edit- "Your entry has not been saved. You are restricted to 10 attributes." - That clears things up a bit.

Edited by januszeal

When adding attributes what constitutes "nearby" for food, fuel, etc? Any cache in a town/city could have these marked.

When adding "Wheelchair accessible", I assume that needing to cross a small amount of level grass doesn't make it less wheelchair accessible, or are people seeing that tag going to assume it's all paved? Should I mark the terrain a 1.5 and give it the accessible tag so they have an idea it might not be paved?

And finally, should I mark every attribute that does or does not apply, what kind of information here is needed and what's too much?

edit- "Your entry has not been saved. You are restricted to 10 attributes." - That clears things up a bit.

Nearby food/gas is really best judgement. I would only mark this if it was in question. An urban cache is almost guaranteed to have nearby food/fuel so adding the attribute doesn't matter so much. A cache that is far out in the country would matter more about nearby food/gas. I'd be tempted to only use this in the reverse: There is NOT nearby gas/food, and I would probably set a 10 mile radius on that as a personal rule of thumb. i.e. don't attempt this cache if you are hungry and/or your gas guage is low.

Wheelchair accessibility is trickier as not all wheelchairs are created equal. And its not just the ground that matters for wheel chairs, its also the height of the cache. If one needs to bend down a lot, or reach up 6ft to grab the cache, someone in a chair would not be able to reach it.

I have a cache that I marked as wheelchair accessible (verified by my wife who has a lot of experience with chairs and where they can go). The cache is situated about 10ft off of a paved trail on smooth grass. The cache itself is about 4ft off the ground in the nook of a tree. I have a similar cache with a similar grass strip along the same path that I did not mark as wheelchair accessible as the cache is hidden below ground level so someone in a chair would not be able to reach it.

As your edit suggests, I would only mark the attributes that are remarkable about the cache.

I hope this helps.