Dangerous cache

I was confused how Dihydrogen Monoxide is dangerous at all, I thought who ever put up that cache was stupid, then I realized it was a joke. I was even more surprised when I read the posts here and saw that people actually thought it was dangerous. Someone didn't study there greek prefixes in high school... <_<

I was confused how Dihydrogen Monoxide is dangerous at all, I thought who ever put up that cache was stupid, then I realized it was a joke. I was even more surprised when I read the posts here and saw that people actually thought it was dangerous. Someone didn't study there greek prefixes in high school... <_<

There's your problem...the prefixes are Latin!

It may be Latin but it's all Greek to CG. :laughing:

I don't know if it is Greek, Latin or Klingon, your link shows that "mon(o)" is Greek, not Latin.

And how did this get past the "agenda" guideline?
That was my question. I have understood that the agenda guideline has a fairly large sweep that encompasses a great many things. I suppose it is better to keep us all happy than to inform about our understanding of the world about us. Indeed, upon the advice of my optometrist, I use a magnetic system to filter my water for DMHO. Against the advice of my optometrist, I agree with the esteemed Mr. Fields about its dangers, which even filtering cannot completely solve. Fortunately, if you transform it into beer or mix it with coffee it becomes harmless. Even then, it would not surprise me if my town had an ordinance against the stuff - since we address pesticides, nuclear energy, plastic bags, and cell phone towers -- than can we possibly overlook this?Although this cache gives rise to other possible themes. . . . don't try to publish an Aspartame cache.

You kidding right? You mix that stuff with coffee or beer then you magnify the possibility of bloating and excessive urination!

I never hide a cache after going on a DHMO binge because I usually cant get far enough from the cache to keep the smell from giving the cache away. We wont even get into the erosion I have caused.

I don't know if it is Greek, Latin or Klingon, your link shows that "mon(o)" is Greek, not Latin.
Heh... You're (and by extension, Coldgears is) exactly right! "Mono" AND "Di" are both Greek!

Of course, it's all Greek to me!

Heh... You're (and by extension, Coldgears is) exactly right! "Mono" AND "Di" are both Greek!

Of course, it's all Greek to me!

From chemistry to greek, it's all greek to me too! :blink:

What's worse, and what people really don't like to talk about, is that DHMO is also highly addictive.

I tried going off of it once, but the withdrawal symptoms were horrendous. I started hallucinating after about 4 days. I eventually went back on. I doubt I will ever kick the habit.

What's worse, and what people really don't like to talk about, is that DHMO is also highly addictive.

I tried going off of it once, but the withdrawal symptoms were horrendous. I started hallucinating after about 4 days. I eventually went back on. I doubt I will ever kick the habit.

Your avatar picture must be from when you were suffering from withdrawal symptoms :)

After reading the various MSDS sheets offered up for this substance, it does not appear to be a serious health concern, yet there are likely thousands worldwide that die each year from its effects! I smell a cover up by lobbyists representing the producers of this horrible chemical - put an end to the needless death and destruction!