magellan communicator

When you download a file it goes someplace. I use a Mac so it goes into my Downloads folder. For Mac's what you get is a disk image or .dmg file. You mount that and run the inclosed installer program. If you have a PC it may just be some .exe file that installs the communicator. The communicator itself is not an application but a web browser plug in. I'm sure Magellan has loads of help pages and friendly support people if you get hung up too. :3

Actually, now I'm not so sure my problem is with Magellan communicator. I have a Magellan Explorist 610. When I try to connect it to the computer I get a response "USB device not recognized." I have tried several computers with different operating systems, all give the same result. I have sent a message to Magellan but I am open to any ideas here.

Actually, now I'm not so sure my problem is with Magellan communicator. I have a Magellan Explorist 610. When I try to connect it to the computer I get a response "USB device not recognized." I have tried several computers with different operating systems, all give the same result. I have sent a message to Magellan but I am open to any ideas here.

I use the GC make sure it is set to connect to PC and not NMEA mode as I can not get it to connect like this. I hope this will help you.