Check your renewal date

Last night I renewed my membership. It was going to expire May 15th. I renewed for a year. Logically that would mean I should be renewed up to May 15, 1012. After renewing my membership is good until April 22, 2012. That is 49 weeks, not a year. I have an email in to GC.com and I am awaiting a response.

Check your renewal dates to make sure you are getting a full year's memebership for your $30.

Last night I renewed my membership. It was going to expire May 15th. I renewed for a year. Logically that would mean I should be renewed up to May 15, 1012. After renewing my membership is good until April 22, 2012. That is 49 weeks, not a year. I have an email in to GC.com and I am awaiting a response.

Check your renewal dates to make sure you are getting a full year's memebership for your $30.

They are aware of the issue and are making some changes - been several threads about it. Meanwhile - write to the contact@geocaching.com address and let them know - they will get it fixed up.

They take off a few days for every containerless cache you've found. ;)

I noticed that my renewal, paid for and confirmed on May 1, showed good until April 13, 2012. I usually go and straighten these things out but i left it alone this time. Figured i was still getting my money's worth even with the losing of a couple of weeks.

Of course i wouldn't complain if gc.com saw this thread and corrected the error!

So, I sent a message to Groundspeak about my issue. I got a response, this is part of it:

Please keep in mind that you have not actually lost any time on your membership. This is only an issue with how the date is displayed on the website. You still received the full year membership in our payment system. Your account will not actually expire early.
So, what I take away from that is:

1. It's a "front end" issue, their database still has the correct info, and it will get fixed.

2. It's a problem that's being reported enough that, when someone reports the opposite issue, they still get lumped into the "I lost time category" and thus get a form letter addressing that issue.

I was 25 days short when I renewed also. It is an issue they are aware of, I emailed and phoned (when I received a "your membership expires in 7 days" notification.) Either go to contact@geocaching.com or you can try subscription@geocaching.com. The developers are working on it and it will probably be 2 -3 weeks and this will be corrected.

Let them know so that your name is added to the list. Good Luck!

Edited by popokiiti