Path Tags

RhinoInAToga

We were caching yesterday, and I found a cache with what I *thought* were a couple of geocoins. (We were losing daylight) I put them in my bag, & when we returned home I got them out to log them & realized they were not geocoins at all. Geocoins, I know what to do with. Path tags, I know nothing about.

What are Path tags? What are you supposed to do with them after finding them? (I know they are not on this site because I tried to log them here.) I'd like to learn about them & do the right thing with them. TIA!

IBTL

Google will be your friend here; but FYI, those coins are from a competitor, and the good folks at the lilly pad don't usually allow these types of threads on their website. Again, best bet is Google, should be very quick.

There’s a web site (stamped on the coin) where you could sign up, log in, and log your find, and read more about how they work. It’s entirely optional, since pathtags are not Geocoins.

You may trade, keep, or move items which are not official Geocaching.com trackables. Official trackables (such as Geocoins) will have a tracking number and “track at geocaching.com” or “track at Groundspeak.com” on them.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoinfaq.aspx

Edited by kunarion