Coins by Crake

keewee

Amongst the geocoins I collect, I collect all coins designed by several different designers.

One of these designers is Crake (Chris Rake). Now, on his website he has a gallery of the geocoins he has designed and sold, but I know there are others he has designed. So I was wondering, what other geocoins (other than those in the gallery on his website) has Chris Rake designed.

I know he designed the winning 2006 submission for TXGA and so the 2006 Texas geocoin is one of his. And I think there was a TXGA sheep geocoin that might have been his design also (2008?).

But what other geocoins are there out there that have been designed by Chris Rake?

Amongst the geocoins I collect, I collect all coins designed by several different designers.

One of these designers is Crake (Chris Rake). Now, on his website he has a gallery of the geocoins he has designed and sold, but I know there are others he has designed. So I was wondering, what other geocoins (other than those in the gallery on his website) has Chris Rake designed.

I know he designed the winning 2006 submission for TXGA and so the 2006 Texas geocoin is one of his. And I think there was a TXGA sheep geocoin that might have been his design also (2008?).

But what other geocoins are there out there that have been designed by Chris Rake?

I'm assuming that you already know about the Kiwi Nomads?? Chris Minted my Personal Coins for me, as well as the two versions of the Look Twice Geocoins, although I had most control over the designs.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I'm assuming that you already know about the Kiwi Nomads?? Chris Minted my Personal Coins for me, as well as the two versions of the Look Twice Geocoins, although I had most control over the designs.

Kiwi Nomads? I know about his Nomads - Save Our Watersheds, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Look Twice Geocoin - Bicycle Version and Look Twice Geocoin - Motorcycle Version. But I don't know about a Kiwi version...

5238afc5-5e1e-40bf-987d-d799e6a3fcd4.jpg

It came in three versions...

BTW, the Look Twice Geocoins sold on his site were designed by me(well, he did the work, I provided the idea and directions)

Oh, Yeah...there is also a Crake Personal Coin

Ahhhhh - I've never seen that one before!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

When was it made?

Oh well, onto my seeking list it goes!

What does Chris's personal geocoin look like? That will be another that will HAVE to go onto my seeking list!

Thanks for all the info WSR!

Edited by keewee

BTW, the Look Twice Geocoins sold on his site were designed by me(well, he did the work, I provided the idea and directions)

When was it made?

What does Chris's personal geocoin look like? That will be another that will HAVE to go onto my seeking list!

I don't know when they were made. I found them accidentally when I was looking at images in a search. Look for a NZ geocaching group, I think that was a custom order. Do you have one of my Personal Coins?

I've gone back through all my emails from Chris and can't find any mention of such a nomad geocoin anywhere! Was it made specifically for someone?

Made for a website or a Cacher organizarion in NZ I believe, never sold on his site. Here's a pic of his Personal...

1275.gif

Am investigating, but turning up a blank so far...

Ah - I have seen pictures of his personal geocoin before. Forgot about that. Onto the Seeking List it goes!

And no, I don't have one of your personals - would love to get one. Shall we trade?

Made for a website or a Cacher organizarion in NZ I believe..............

Yes, it was sold on www.geocaching-zone.co.nz, but this shop is "currently closed for maintenance".

"Currently" meaning for a long time already, I believe.

Thanks for that. Just found that out too. :(

Making some local queries on this...

I've gone back through all my emails from Chris and can't find any mention of such a nomad geocoin anywhere! Was it made specifically for someone?

Made for a website or a Cacher organizarion in NZ I believe, never sold on his site. Here's a pic of his Personal...

1275.gif

Am investigating, but turning up a blank so far...

Ah - I have seen pictures of his personal geocoin before. Forgot about that. Onto the Seeking List it goes!

And no, I don't have one of your personals - would love to get one. Shall we trade?

I'd love to trade. What I have left for trade are the from GCF '09, and plan to have another version made later for trading.

you might want to try sending Chris an e-mail

he may very well be more than happy to provide you a list of the coins that he has been involved in making

- - - -

also of possible interest to you -

some of his coins had versions (finishes) that were not generally available

for example, the "geohana" was made in at least two finishes

one for general sale, the other for sale only to addresses in Hawaii

other coins also had small runs in finishes that were not generally available

I believe that many (most ?) were donated by Chris for sale at events and for other fund-raising purposes

if my memory is working correctly, "tracking time" was generally available in a bronze (antique gold ?) finish, and a rarer version was made in a pewter (antique silver ?) finish

I believe that the same is true for the "Rhode Island" coin

such may also be the case for other of his widely-sold creations

I am also aware of two versions of the "bluebonnet" coin

one with hard enamel, and the other with soft enamel

I believe that this was a result of two mintings, and that both versions were sold to the general public in typical production quantities (500 or so of each, which was typical for that time period)

When was it made?

I would have thought that you knew that one! I got one from ButterflyLady in the Easter mission, but I have already sent it out traveling (to NZ, of course, but it is still here in Oslo). Perhaps ButterflyLady could help you get your hands on one of these coins?

Hey guys! Unfortunately I don't have a complete list of coins online anywhere, as several designs were for personal coins, including several nomads - one of which was for folks in NZ. The list on my site is fairly complete of all of the "crake" coins though.

Folks have already mentioned a few of my designs, but I can give a little more history.... I started fairly early in the Geocoin days with the Bluebonnet coin. Then I followed up with Tracking Time and Navstar. The first Suncatcher coin and Monarch butterfly came after that along with 12 Days of Caching, and Astrolabe - one of which went into orbit, which spawned the "First Geocoin in Orbit" coin :) The wildflower, mimbres, butterfly, and suncatcher coins are annual releases now, and that reminds me - time to do some designs!

Hey guys! Unfortunately I don't have a complete list of coins online anywhere, as several designs were for personal coins, including several nomads - one of which was for folks in NZ. The list on my site is fairly complete of all of the "crake" coins though.

Folks have already mentioned a few of my designs, but I can give a little more history.... I started fairly early in the Geocoin days with the Bluebonnet coin. Then I followed up with Tracking Time and Navstar. The first Suncatcher coin and Monarch butterfly came after that along with 12 Days of Caching, and Astrolabe - one of which went into orbit, which spawned the "First Geocoin in Orbit" coin :) The wildflower, mimbres, butterfly, and suncatcher coins are annual releases now, and that reminds me - time to do some designs!

Glad to hear this "time to do some designs!". Will there be another Mimbres?

Mimbres? Nah, I'm waiting to see Navstar v2!!! :anitongue:

Got to meet Chris at our first Geowoodstock and have been collecting his coins ever since. Always a good quality coin with a unique design. We were lucky enough to collect a "Silver Tracking Time" as mentioned in another post a few years back. As told to us by Chris, only 25 were made. Looking forward to whatever is cooking in the future :cool:

Me?? I'm waiting to see more people using the Nomad template for personal coins.

Me?? I'm waiting to see more people using the Nomad template for personal coins.

<_<