Collecting TB's for a vacation

Mdelinski

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see anything right off...

I'm going on vacation in a few months out of state, would it be ok to return to the TB's that I have found in caches and collect them so I can take them with me and drop them off? I left them in the cache for now, in case someone has the chance to move them quicker.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see anything right off...

I'm going on vacation in a few months out of state, would it be ok to return to the TB's that I have found in caches and collect them so I can take them with me and drop them off? I left them in the cache for now, in case someone has the chance to move them quicker.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

It depends...do the TB's have specific missions? Would taking them to your destination take them "off course" from their missions?

How many TB's were you planning on collecting? One or two I can see, if their missions are served by your taking them.

More than that seems a bit greedy. Perhaps other cachers in the area might like a chance to move some of them.

And realistically speaking, how many caches do you plan to visit? Will you have ample opportunity to drop the TB's off?

After my first coin went to England in a big jump, then "disappeared", I added the proviso to the next coin: "please don't take this coin out of Canada".

You might want to check carefully before you take a lot of travellers.

Emailing each TB owner might get you a reply or it might not. Check the TB's page, see if there's specific missions or requests. If you can fulfill those, then fine. But "collecting" travellers just for the purpose of your vacation plans might not pan out. Who's to say you will be able to find caches that are appropriate to drop travellers in.

Not to mention, those TB's might have been moved on by the time you are leaving.

I know one of the missions was to travel to all the states, and another just wanted to travel wherever the wind takes it...

I did leave them in the cache, just in case someone else wanted to take them before I had a chance.

So as long as I am helping them on their way, I should be good...I've already checked the area we are going and there are quite a lot of caches in a 10 mile area, and not all of them are micros.

Thanks

It's kosher to ask the TB owner. I have a TB that's going to motorcyle rallies and trying to get to sturgies (it's a look twice geo coin on a motorcycle). Someone picked it up with the intention of going to the OCC head quarters in a month and asked if that was ok! I was thrilled! I just asked that they take photos. When they found out that their plans had changed they dropped it in a cache to let me know. I still was very appreciative of the original note asking if they could hold it.