Cheapest coin?

TrynaFindaCache

Howdy, and welcome to the addiction!

There are pretty reasonably-priced coins to be found everywhere. It's hard to say which one is "the cheapest" because it all depends on a lot of factors (including what kinds of features the coins have, shipping costs from the vendor to wherever you're located, etc).

Your best bet is to check out the vendor list in the pinned Geocoin FAQ topic and shop around. You should be able to find a start for your collection without any problem at all. Enjoy!

What's the cheapest coins you can get? I am wanting to start collecting but don't have a lot of money right now.

Thanks

Cheapest geocoins can be had via eBay - auctions that start at $0.99

Most of the time they will climb to $6, $7, $8 and more (sometimes LOTS more)... but just occasionally you can pick up coins for just a few dollars.

Otherwise the cheaper geocoins out there for sale are going to be micro's; also take a look at some of the geocoin stores for geocoins on sale - I know The Geocoin Store definitely has geocoins on sale making them really cheap, and sometimes Geoswag offers grab bags where you get a set number of random geocoins that work out to be very cheap each. There will likely be others around too - you just need to search them out.

Just shop around.

DISCLAIMER - I am not an employee or agent of either The Geocoin Store of Geoswag; I am only a satisfied customer of those companies. :)

I am going to echo the Ebay comment. My advice is to bid $1.67 on EVERY single coin on Ebay that is still below your bid amount. Do this every day for two weeks. After that, raise the bid fifty cents to $2.17 and again bid on EVERY coin. After two weeks again raise the bid fifty cents to $2.67. This is the way to get the cheapest coins.

If you don't want to put that effort in. Groundspeak has a list of all vendors. Some of them have specials and I have seen nice looking coins going for $5.00. I know that one large vendor is currently selling coins for $6.00.

I have to say its not a very good start to a collection to go with the cheapest. But most readily available coins go for about $9.99 to $12. I started my collection with some common coins representing places i've been. Then i picked up a couple of decent looking coins for use as trade items and missions. Then i started spending some decent money ($20+) on coins i really like the design of.

I have to say its not a very good start to a collection to go with the cheapest. But most readily available coins go for about $9.99 to $12. I started my collection with some common coins representing places i've been. Then i picked up a couple of decent looking coins for use as trade items and missions. Then i started spending some decent money ($20+) on coins i really like the design of.

My feeling is that when you first start out collecting geocoins, you don't really know what you like and you just want to get a few in your hand to feel the weight of them. I think starting out cheap is the way to go and after a few months you can worry about whether you want to buy more expensive ones. Besides, price does not always correlate with how much you like a coin. Some cheap coins can be very nice.

The OP stated that availability of cash resources is limited. Cheap coins is better than no coins.

Enter the cointests in this forum! Who knows? you might end up getting some nice coins! :grin:

Here's another idea along those lines. Have a look around ebay. Its what i've used to find coins i liked. Then i made a google doc of the ones i wanted also listing any i have and that i'm willing to trade. With this list in your sig people can see what your looking for. Then get yourself on the coin address list so people know how to send a random coin to you if they feel up to it. You never know. You could receive a package addressed to you from you in the near future with a new coin in it. Also talk about what your heart desires in this thread and it may come to you.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=172604

Sometimes all it takes is believing its true.

But cointests are a fun way to get your collection started. Then when you have a couple start participating in some of the missions. Then you can send out one or more of the coins you would like to see traded and get new ones. You never know what will turn up on the missions.

Bumped the Pay it Forward thread for you :)

Just remember, it's an act of kindness, not a free handout. Always remember to do your best to pay it forward when you have the chance.

Thanks,

I paid it forward once already this week but that was through the Trades topic. I had a feeling there was a separate thread where I could post other pay it forward items.

<<< Slic >>>

There's another great way to get FREE coins. EVENTS!!! Most local events have drawings for coins, shirts, cache containers, etc. I've received several free coins by being there, participating, and being lucky. I've also donated coins to share the wealth. :D

An added bonus is meeting like-minded cachers - well - actually - that's the purpose. :P